• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2015 Yamaha Mountain Max???

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
If you knew what was coming the year after next you won't want what is coming next year. Hang in there.......
Its hard for the Yamaha Loyalists to keep up their hope.
But good things ARE coming.

Step by step, year by year, we WILL be seeing steady improvement once again coming out of Yamaha.

A Longtrack version of the Viper in a few weeks, and more next year..

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
Its hard for the Yamaha Loyalists to keep up their hope.
But good things ARE coming.

Step by step, year by year, we WILL be seeing steady improvement once again coming out of Yamaha.

A Longtrack version of the Viper in a few weeks, and more next year..

Been hearing this same BS for years... Reminds me of when I bought my 01 MM "DEEP SNOW SPECIAL" thought it was the cats meow(pun intended) until I started riding with polaris guys & really found out what a "mountain" sled was about. It's very easy to make the heaviest most reliable sled when you take ZERO risks as a company(hence why we're #4 out of 4). Yamaha has been building 4stroke sleds for 13yrs?? But yet nothing over 185hp or stock boost. At this rate I'll be on a boosted 2smoke or something that doesn't resemble a yamaha..... Powerhouse custom :)

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
Hard to keep looking at this will a glass half full when we've been drinking out of a warm undersized schooner glass & everyone else gets the kicka$$ frozen beer mugs.... For the same price!!
Just my .02

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Mountain Viper this year. More next year as Christopher said.

You gotta make lemonade with Yamaha. Do you realize that it has been since the Mountain Max days that we have not had to take a Yamaha and "build" what we wanted? Its all good, it's part of the adventure. Everybody has their hiccups. You could buy a Polaris and have a nice lightweight sled that lasts about 10 good rides and then rebuild it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Been hearing this same BS for years... Reminds me of when I bought my 01 MM "DEEP SNOW SPECIAL" thought it was the cats meow(pun intended) until I started riding with polaris guys & really found out what a "mountain" sled was about. It's very easy to make the heaviest most reliable sled when you take ZERO risks as a company(hence why we're #4 out of 4). Yamaha has been building 4stroke sleds for 13yrs?? But yet nothing over 185hp or stock boost. At this rate I'll be on a boosted 2smoke or something that doesn't resemble a yamaha..... Powerhouse custom :)

You WILL see factory boosted sleds coming.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Are you talking "factory" like the kits they offered for the Nytro in 2011? If so, I agree for next year. I don't see a stock boosted sled like the M1100T until 2016 at least.

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
I'd rather build and be different instead of have the same sled as everybody else. Plus it's kind of fun seeing the look on peoples faces when you can take a Nytro the same places your buddies are going on Pros..

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Mountain Viper this year. More next year as Christopher said.

You gotta make lemonade with Yamaha. Do you realize that it has been since the Mountain Max days that we have not had to take a Yamaha and "build" what we wanted? Its all good, it's part of the adventure. Everybody has their hiccups. You could buy a Polaris and have a nice lightweight sled that lasts about 10 good rides and then rebuild it.

if yammi thinks releasing a 4 year old competitors chassis with a 7+ year old motor is giving the mtn guys something new:deadhorse:i know its a improvement on what we have but they aint going to sell many of them.less power than poo,doo or cat & a bunch more weight,they really need to close the gap if the want to sell mtn sleds,understand me i dont mind the sleds because i like to mod my sleds so its a none issue for me,but most ride stock or close to stock.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Are you talking "factory" like the kits they offered for the Nytro in 2011? If so, I agree for next year. I don't see a stock boosted sled like the M1100T until 2016 at least.

Treading on really thin ice here...

But I think we will see Arctic Cat installing Turbos one year from today.
So not the 2015 coming this fall, but the sleds that roll out in the Fall of 2015 (the 2016 model year)

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Don't worry it is really cold outside, so the ice is thick...........Oh wait you are riding a Nytro!!!! Get off of there!:face-icon-small-sho

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
Teaser pic of a 15 out testing. Notice the white tunnel..
image1.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
February 5, 2014

Minus 30 and Counting

Day 2 in West Yellowstone. Minus 30C with stunning clear blue skies. We took our staff and divided them into two groups. One group spent the day in product seminars and meetings while the other group spent all day playing in the snow. Today we have rotated the staff so yesterdays riders are stiffening up in the conference room while the other guys make snow angels. Our senior staff also made a point of getting out as can be seen in these pics of our North American snowmobile team leader Pete SM2 and Yamaha marketing icon ‘Super Starrman’.

The riding groups were split in 2 so one group could ride backcountry while the other group stuck to the trails. both groups returned to base for lunch then traded machines and terrain for the afternoon. As I mentioned we have 50 new machines on the ground that represent everything we will have available for next season. I had to make a presentation in the morning but was able to jump into a group ride in the afternoon.

There was a lot of effort preceding this event to prepare the sleds, most of which are pre production many of which were also delayed in production. Our guys had to really scramble to get them built and calibrated then transported for our enjoyment. Think about building and PDI, 50 sleds in two weeks. We didn’t have a single mechanical failure that wasn’t human induced (so far) which is strong testament to the talent we have in our field support team.

I am back in the boardroom today and looking forward to a special evening that is planned to have our whole team together tonight in a casual, fun soirée !

- See more at: http://snowmobiles.yamahablogs.ca/#sthash.JAo1UE77.dpuf

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
And which model Viper do you own? :face-icon-small-con
I LOL there is always at least one of these huh?

I have to own one to figure out it needs a track, skid, front end, boost blah blah to work in the mountains? Just like my nytro and apex upgrade the shiet out of it to make it work.. Maybe you meant its a competive trail sled? lol

Hopefully the 15 viper or mountain max or whatever they call it is more or less out of the box mountain ready..

Last edited:
Premium Features