• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What kind of riding do folks do??

riding type

• Technical riding, treed sidehilling type terrain

Votes: 231 74.5%
  • Meadows, lakes, low angle glades

Votes: 43 13.9%
  • Trails

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Climbing/ highmarking/ chutes

Votes: 27 8.7%
  • Jumping

Votes: 4 1.3%

• Total voters

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
This isn't the Mr Rodgers show bro! Were talking about Neanderthals competing for a Dino steak and the lady over there with 2 teeth and Braided arm pit hair! It's and epic competition all the way to the top brosif! If it ain't epic pow on a 60% sidehill, you might as well stay at the trailer bro. This is the god damn snow west forum. Only the finest most epic riders on the planet on here bro!!!

FACTS right there brah. Especially the braided epic armpit hair... EPIC.

60% dude bro? Nah, that's a glade.

S

SnoShark

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado
Ill be honest I've never understood people who aren't competitive in at least SOME way... the idea of coasting through life not at least TRYING to better yourself in whatever way seems odd to me. I've been a competitor all my life at something or another, so it's just nature to me. I'm sure I'm a type A in many regards, but seeing someone else succeed actually gives me as much or more joy as experiencing it myself (I used to be a clinician for snowboard teachers in Ski school, and a coach for racers) That said, I've been beaten in EVERYTHING I've ever done, from the ring to the slopes on a board to sledding, it's part of what drives some to be better. The idea of looking down on the person that is less of a rider seems foreign to me, just looking down to some extent on the ones not willing to push, compete, improve... whatever you want to call it. You HAVE to be less of a rider to get better, plain & simple... it's not magic.

I suppose if I'm honest with myself, yeah, I do look down on some a little, but it's more looking down on their "drive" than looking down on where they're at. (My brother was a world class athlete when he was younger & just gave it up... he just didn't feel like pushing anymore, I'll never be at his level in a kayak, but I look down on him a little for quitting) I want to ride with people who are excited, smack talk (joking) is 1/2 the fun, and a fun way to push each other. Even the guys on the sally long tracks enjoy some smack talk here & there... RIGHT???:face-icon-small-win

Nooo! Stop bullying me. :face-icon-small-ton

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I try to dangle for 1/3 of the day.:face-icon-small-coo
Does that make me cool enough? :plane:
Or should I just go back to the truck?:face-icon-small-blu

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Let's think, maybe it was your dik head comment about his wife.

Premium Features