• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Xcr project

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
Well after selling my turbo edge and NOT moving to Florida, I picked this lil gem up.

00 XCR 800, van amburg tunnel, Holtz suspension all the way around, Hot to go pipes.

So the plan. Tear it all down, make some changes to the tunnel, maybe a lil engine work, powder coat everything, etc...

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1363555078127.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1363555096240.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1363555115899.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1363555137048.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1363555149473.jpg

B

blk9038

Aug 8, 2011
puyallup/edgewood
Ya Ryan i started seeing your name recently and wondered about your move, so have you been able to get up and enjoy any of the powder we have had this winter here yet? looks like a true old fashon mountain sled this time.

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
No, not yet. I just picked this sled up last weekend. The Florida move never happened. Sold my trailer so I'm looking for a new one now.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
um... I have a turbo sitting here that what work right nice on that little hot rod..... :tongue: A few specially designed parts from my ole' buddy Twister... and you would have one extremely naughty ride.

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
Wouldn't wanna let your secrets out huh??

I think the WA guys are scared of the carbed turbo set ups... I've never seen another.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
As I stated in my PM.. there seems to be some "voodoo" with the tripple turbos. You have no idea how many air box set ups and pipe combos my ole buddy Twister went through, to hit the right combo. The problem is we drive 10-16 hours to go riding and cant go out the back door to test stuff. So, it took him a few years to get it perfected.

Now he is messing with different turbos... :face-icon-small-dis

I think the WA guys are scared of the carbed turbo set ups... I've never seen another.

Its because us guys from SD are so far behind on technology, we cant run those fancy little computers... shoot I just learned how to use Google the other day....:face-icon-small-sho

Cant wait to see the finished sled!!!! It will be impressive, I am sure. Reminds me of the OLD Extreme Team videos, there was a guy that always had a XCR in a Genny chasis. Makes me want a xcr in a IQR chasis. Mama wants a boat though.. so it may have to wait...:face-icon-small-dis

Keep us updated... someday, you and 4z need to load up and meet us somewhere...

Last edited:
R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
Lol! You had me cracking up with that one! Yea I gotta be honest with ya, if I lived that far I'm not sure how much I would be riding.

Decisions, decisions. One factor is I don't really want to buy race fuel anymore.

vwsprite

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2008
mazama, wa
ryan the turbo runs sweet, i owe alot to this forum and to you for showing me the carb'd turbo thread i hit the jetting on the mark, and it will go anywhere i'd like to, probably have 500 miles on it now(no speedo), going up tomorrow

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
New goodies on the way. Crazy mountain extreme tunnel and bulkhead, new large cooler, cmx rear bumper, and already have my extended chain case. Should be able to clear a 3 in track with ease!

Premium Features