• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

So WTF is this?

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
By heard you mean a dubbed sound over a YouTube clip? Lived here my whole life and never heard anything like that. Not that unusual though, I know some people down in Wyoming that deal with this all the time...

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
By heard you mean a dubbed sound over a YouTube clip? Lived here my whole life and never heard anything like that. Not that unusual though, I know some people down in Wyoming that deal with this all the time...

that video isnt playing on my iphone would you provide the actual link for me? this is getting national news attention and is a worldwide phenomena. i have not heard this sound in my neck of the woods, so the theory that its a sound from space, if it was as powerful as it sounds ( look at other videos ) the whole world would be hearing it at once...

its pretty interesting if its a natural sound, but to fill the air like it is, its pretty amazing.

could be underground drilling for these underground bases...

Last edited:
R

rmkMatt

Sep 14, 2010
Wyoming
If that's real, my guess would be if the guy would turn around you would see a highway off in the distance on a hill over a valley. Large trucks make some weird echos especially with the right landscape.

What's funny is some people will now believe there are weird sounds from space in Montana because of either a faked video or at the very least a misleading video on the internet.

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
[YT]http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&rl=yes&v=5nGygjHp5PI[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JOamjAksrs[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PGcmBDMFdg[/YT]

Last edited:
S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
The first video is a sound of a train accelerating or pulling a grade. The roar with the wh wh wh wh wh is the sound of the locomotive working hard. The screech sound is that of it going around a curve. When being pulled up a grade the wheels will move to the inside of the curve and the inside ridge of the wheel will rub on the rail and squeal or screech like an SOB. Ask any railroader, they will agree

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
The first video is a sound of a train accelerating or pulling a grade. The roar with the wh wh wh wh wh is the sound of the locomotive working hard. The screech sound is that of it going around a curve. When being pulled up a grade the wheels will move to the inside of the curve and the inside ridge of the wheel will rub on the rail and squeal or screech like an SOB. Ask any railroader, they will agree

ive been around trains my whole life a long time family friend of mine ran a locomotive for 26 years, and i myself have been on many trains.. there's a train track literally 50 yds from my friend's house and it goes by daily. there's train tracks a quarter mile away from my house in Yelm, and the train doesn't make those noises. ever. oh yeah thats right, people arent used to trains yet they just became a new mode of transportation....

check the other videos i posted. you cant tell me any of those are trains.

Last edited:
S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
ive been around trains my whole life a long time family friend of mine ran a locomotive for 26 years, and i myself have been on many trains.. there's a train track literally 50 yds from my friend's house and it goes by daily. there's train tracks a quarter mile away from my house in Yelm, and the train doesn't make those noises. ever. oh yeah thats right, people arent used to trains yet they just became a new mode of transportation....

check the other videos i posted. you cant tell me any of those are trains.

There is no arguing with an 23 year old idiot know it all conspiracy theorist done everything there is to do person like you. Yeah you may live by the tracks since you are probably homeless, but it is more than likely a straight section.
That video you posted looks a lot like Bozeman. If it is, the sound you here IS a train pulling out of Bozeman east up Bozeman pass which is a hard pull and has to have pushers on both sides of the mtn to get trains over. It also has some pretty tight curves which causes what I described. During certain atmospheric conditions especially in the winter with snow on the ground and cold air in the valleys this phenomanon which I described can and does sound like it is coming from the sky.
But hey you keep on beleiving what you want and maybe just maybe I will be wrong and it is some huge UFO flying around looking for you and eventually it will find you on one of your worldly trips and abduct you a$$, and all of us at Snowest will be rid of you forever.
And here I thought it was getting kind of quiet around here!

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
I watched all you stupid videos. The sound you hear are trains. Also in some cases it could be long sections of guard rail on highways singing during cold weather. As said certain atmospheric conditions will amplify these sounds. I live a mile from the interstate and about 2 miles from the rairoad and about 2 miles from a refinery. There are days I do not hear anything from these 3 noise sources and there are days that I swear they are in my back yard. I can clearly hear what is being said on the PA at the refinery. There are also days when I can hear the auctioneer at the sale barn during an auction and that is 2 miles away. Then there is the airport 8 miles away that 363 days a year I don't even think about it but 2 days a year I swear they moved it into my backyard. Weather conditions bud, weather conditions!

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
There is no arguing with an 23 year old idiot know it all conspiracy theorist done everything there is to do person like you. Yeah you may live by the tracks since you are probably homeless, but it is more than likely a straight section.
That video you posted looks a lot like Bozeman. If it is, the sound you here IS a train pulling out of Bozeman east up Bozeman pass which is a hard pull and has to have pushers on both sides of the mtn to get trains over. It also has some pretty tight curves which causes what I described. During certain atmospheric conditions especially in the winter with snow on the ground and cold air in the valleys this phenomanon which I described can and does sound like it is coming from the sky.
But hey you keep on beleiving what you want and maybe just maybe I will be wrong and it is some huge UFO flying around looking for you and eventually it will find you on one of your worldly trips and abduct you a$$, and all of us at Snowest will be rid of you forever.
And here I thought it was getting kind of quiet around here!

once again, look at the other videos i have posted. most do not have snow on the ground. all over jeruselim, krev, russia, colorado, montana, alberta, all over.

i dont recall any snow being in florida recently...

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUp6YM-zzVo[/YT]

and did i say what i believed it was? no. calm down, im asking what the f this is. i highly disagree with any highway theory, and any train theory.

scientists dont know what it is, the stories on mainstream news stations dont bring anyone foward that might know what is, but you, just some 53 year old snowmobiler whom yourself acts like you know absolutely everything, once again has the answer. so convinced to the point where you talk down to a 23 year old simply asking what a strange sound is. a little hot headed are you?

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
I watched all you stupid videos. The sound you hear are trains. Also in some cases it could be long sections of guard rail on highways singing during cold weather. As said certain atmospheric conditions will amplify these sounds. I live a mile from the interstate and about 2 miles from the rairoad and about 2 miles from a refinery. There are days I do not hear anything from these 3 noise sources and there are days that I swear they are in my back yard. I can clearly hear what is being said on the PA at the refinery. There are also days when I can hear the auctioneer at the sale barn during an auction and that is 2 miles away. Then there is the airport 8 miles away that 363 days a year I don't even think about it but 2 days a year I swear they moved it into my backyard. Weather conditions bud, weather conditions!

oh so now its guard rails along the highways??

so just now, oil refinaries are a new innovation? guardrails are a new technology in the stopping of out of control vehicles? cold weather is a thing of the future? we just discovered weather conditions?

NONE of these things were around 5, 10, 50, 200 years ago?

call me an idiot all you want, but YOU sir, sound like an idiot.

K

knzee

Dec 29, 2008
Great Falls, MT
that video isnt playing on my iphone would you provide the actual link for me? this is getting national news attention and is a worldwide phenomena. i have not heard this sound in my neck of the woods, so the theory that its a sound from space, if it was as powerful as it sounds ( look at other videos ) the whole world would be hearing it at once...

its pretty interesting if its a natural sound, but to fill the air like it is, its pretty amazing.

could be underground drilling for these underground bases...

You really need to take your meds and come back down to earth there little fella. Underground bases, really? Waking up in your world must be a "trip" every morning.

R

rmkMatt

Sep 14, 2010
Wyoming
I want to change my answer to train as well. Shortly after my post this morning I went outside and heard the same noise. My house is in the middle of farm fields, about a mile away across a river is a train track. Most of the time I don't even hear it but the wind was just right this morning I guess. Sounded nearly identical to the first video.

You asked WTF is it? We told you yet you argue our answers because you haven't seen it. If you're so willing to believe that it's some conspiracy, why won't you believe guys that have heard the exact thing in real life? Are you really just looking for arguments? I'm starting to wonder at this point.

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
I want to change my answer to train as well. Shortly after my post this morning I went outside and heard the same noise. My house is in the middle of farm fields, about a mile away across a river is a train track. Most of the time I don't even hear it but the wind was just right this morning I guess. Sounded nearly identical to the first video.

You asked WTF is it? We told you yet you argue our answers because you haven't seen it. If you're so willing to believe that it's some conspiracy, why won't you believe guys that have heard the exact thing in real life? Are you really just looking for arguments? I'm starting to wonder at this point.

no one has provided a legitimate answer. The train theory i call BS cause like i said ive been around trains all my life and there are plenty in my neck of the woods.

skidoorulz hasnt given an assertive answer, he has given a few of uis own theories from trains, to rail guards, to oil drilling, to cold air to train wheels on a turn???? ... sorry im not going to agree with any of it. look up news coverage on these events.... so everyone is just a nut job huh?

go record a train passing, or pull up a youtube video of a train coming through town.

Interesting for you to call underground bases a conspiracy theory... why do u suggest its a conspiracy? just because you havent seen it or dont believe it? hmmm.... lets see. the afghans have underground bases all throughout caves all over the place... are you suggesting that some 3rd world middle eastern country is more advanced than AMERICA????

get real dude.. how bout you do extensive research for almost a year like i have? instead of being so quick to state your opinion in the form of an official answer. instead of telling someone else that theyre wrong and you are right. what if neighther of us are right? what if its in fact extraterrestrial or even Godly communications? what if its the poles shifting?

if it was trains it would have been proven by now. its something that people dont know what it is and are calling 911 cause the intensity itself scares them. now the events are getting national news attention. if it was so frickin normal jt would not be a big deal. use your head.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I agree 100%, the Firstt video IS a train... the 'chugging' at the beginning and end is a dead give-away.

Regarding intensity, the direction the wind is blowing has a LOT to do with how sound travels. I was working on a house overlooking a train track 3/4 of a mile away, when the wind blew away from the house you could not hear the train to save your life, but when the wind was blowing the other direction it sounded (and a few times felt) like the train was going to come through the front door.

As for the other videos, I have no idea.... :confused:

Last edited:
Premium Features