• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RMSHA PICS

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
Jackson Hole

Jackson was a total blast, although slightly intimidating,...I was fortunate to come away with my sled intact after 3 wild rides up Snow King!

600 MOD-finished 17th out of 20
700 MOD-finished 23rd out of 25
800 MOD-finished 8th out of 16 in heat#1, but they only took 6 qualifiers.

_I1V1622.jpg _I1V1627.jpg _MG_0542.jpg _MG_0543.jpg _MG_0544.jpg _MG_0546.jpg _MG_0552.jpg

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
The snow should be sick! It's been raining down here in the valley for the last 3-4 days and it just turned to snow in town today. We will probably have 4-5" of snow by midnight. I'm sure there is a couple feet of fresh in the mountains.

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
Beaver Mtn. UT

Beaver was crazy this year, with non stop snow leaving about 18" of heavy mashed potatoes that pounded out into massive holes and ruts, finding the right groove was very critical for succesful racing. I struggled all weekend with poor finishes in 6/8/open mod, but did manage another top ten with a 9th overall in 700 mod.

PICS: here is a 7 frame jump sequence that shows the progression of a 50ft+ table top...the approach was way rutted out with an off camber face that had a tendancy to kick the sleds sideways,...also 3 pics of transition from corner entry to exit.

securedownload.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
have you been happy with the sleds performance & power its making,it looks like it fly's well:face-icon-small-win

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
Powder Mtn.

have you been happy with the sleds performance & power its making,it looks like it fly's well:face-icon-small-win

Power was good enough to raise some eyebrows, and get some attention,...and thats what this year was really about for me, making a name for myself. In order for me to be considered a threat next year, and to maintain a high level of competetiveness, I will absolutely need boost. The sled was suprisingly agile in the closed course environment,...it is well balanced in the air, and eats up the rough stuff without any problem. I will focus on a lower cg for next year so as to improve stability in the deep trenches.

Powder Mtn. results:
600 mod-14th out of 16
700 mod-13th out of 14
800 mod-15th out of 17
open mod-15th out of 17
This race was setup like a motocross track down low, with banked corners, and step up jumps, while the top half of the hill was pretty wide open and steep, complete with a cornice that was gated in and out. I was able to turn in times within 1-2 secs of the leaders on the lower 1/2, but as the course opened up on the top 1/2, the turbo sleds would nail me by 4-5 secs.:croc:
RMSHA final points standings:
600 mod 16th/22 active racers
700 mod 16th/23 active racers
800 mod 19th/26 active racers
open mod 19th/24 active racers
For 2011, I scored (2) top ten finishes, and had an 8th place qualifying effort at Jackson Hole. These results are nothing to brag about, but good enough to get me on the radar within the corporate ranks at Yamaha. :attention:

pow1.jpg pow2.jpg pow3.jpg pow6.jpg powder mtn 4.jpg

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Power was good enough to raise some eyebrows, and get some attention,...and thats what this year was really about for me, making a name for myself. In order for me to be considered a threat next year, and to maintain a high level of competetiveness, I will absolutely need boost. The sled was suprisingly agile in the closed course environment,...it is well balanced in the air, and eats up the rough stuff without any problem. I will focus on a lower cg for next year so as to improve stability in the deep trenches.

Powder Mtn. results:
600 mod-14th out of 16
700 mod-13th out of 14
800 mod-15th out of 17
open mod-15th out of 17
This race was setup like a motocross track down low, with banked corners, and step up jumps, while the top half of the hill was pretty wide open and steep, complete with a cornice that was gated in and out. I was able to turn in times within 1-2 secs of the leaders on the lower 1/2, but as the course opened up on the top 1/2, the turbo sleds would nail me by 4-5 secs.:croc:
RMSHA final points standings:
600 mod 16th/22 active racers
700 mod 16th/23 active racers
800 mod 19th/26 active racers
open mod 19th/24 active racers
For 2011, I scored (2) top ten finishes, and had an 8th place qualifying effort at Jackson Hole. These results are nothing to brag about, but good enough to get me on the radar within the corporate ranks at Yamaha. :attention:

thats pretty good if you are racing turbo sleds:face-icon-small-coo how do you think your power compares to the na 2strokes you raced have you felt underpowered when compared to them.that thing must be a blast to ride with that much na power keep up the good work.:beer;

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
Power

thats pretty good if you are racing turbo sleds:face-icon-small-coo how do you think your power compares to the na 2strokes you raced have you felt underpowered when compared to them.that thing must be a blast to ride with that much na power keep up the good work.:beer;

I never raced head to head with any non boosted 2strokes. All of the mods run turbos with the exception of a couple ski-doos burning NOS. For comparison, I watched how my ET's stacked up against the improved stock classes all year, and my times would have consistently placed me on the podium in those classes. Improved stock is limited to NA power, but my suspension/chassi modifications forced me into the mod classes.
We had a chance to run an LCQ format at Beaver this year, where the unqualified sleds would line up 3-4 at a time, and drag race 300yds up a ravine. The first 2 sleds to the top would move on , and the last 2 would be done, and this would cycle through each class until all but the fastest 2 sleds were eliminated, therefore allowing those 2 sleds into Sunday's finals in their respective classes. I ran the LCQ 3 times against several 600 and 800 turbo sleds, and each time I would holeshot and lead for a considerable distance. I never did move on from the LCQ, but the 600 class guys were pretty vocal about how unsure they were about running me down after such violent holeshots!:bolt:

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
very cool would love to see it line up against a modded 2 800 na sled i think you would whip on them to bad you cant run against them cant beleave they make you run against the tbos.iam going to build one like yours for a back up sled to my turbo something a little lighter & more nimble.thanks for the info keep up the good work representing yammi i hope they will step up & help you after this.:beer;:thumb:eek:h & a vid would be cool too:face-icon-small-win

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
I'll work on getting some video for this thread,...no promises though. Thanks again to you all for the support and encouragement,...it really means alot to me.

T

TNytro162

Feb 6, 2011
Northern Colorado
So glad to see someone representing Yamaha, I had given up hope,,,GREAT JOB!!! Keep up the good work and I hope your hard work will get you a FULL ride with Yammi factory. Cant wait to see you with BOOST, gonna be real interesting. TNytro's rule!

Premium Features