• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ouch... Chris Brown's a Hurting unit. Anyone see this?

R
Jan 5, 2011
Dang that was a crazy wreck for sure, and we all should support him because he is the one that supports us during the summer months that leave us with ugly grean grass and without no snow. i dont know about u guys but it is my sled neck vids and turnigan hard core vids that get me through the summer and they do not only suply inspuration for showing what reall humans and machines can do together but also for show us panzies how to make money off of our dreams. so we should support him for supporting the parts of us that we are to scared to please.

K

kllongbrake

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 29, 2009
Dang that was a crazy wreck for sure, and we all should support him because he is the one that supports us during the summer months that leave us with ugly grean grass and without no snow. i dont know about u guys but it is my sled neck vids and turnigan hard core vids that get me through the summer and they do not only suply inspuration for showing what reall humans and machines can do together but also for show us panzies how to make money off of our dreams. so we should support him for supporting the parts of us that we are to scared to please.

Don't take this wrong way, i'm sure he's a good dude, but aren't we all supporting these guys enough by paying the outrageous price we pay for those vids?

1MEX

Apr 19, 2008
915 to the 801
www.wr-products.com
Don't take this wrong way, i'm sure he's a good dude, but aren't we all supporting these guys enough by paying the outrageous price we pay for those vids?

Millions of peeps pay $55+ on a PPV fight for 1 night, making for the big mill$$$ paychecks the fighters make. I don't think that is the case for sled videos. Not the same volume of people buy the films at 20 t0 25 to offset the cost that goes into travel and production of videos. Not to mention the cut the riders might make... But what do I know.. I support by buying a couple vids a year...:face-icon-small-coo

K

kllongbrake

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 29, 2009
Millions of peeps pay $55+ on a PPV fight for 1 night, making for the big mill$$$ paychecks the fighters make. I don't think that is the case for sled videos. Not the same volume of people buy the films at 20 t0 25 to offset the cost that goes into travel and production of videos. Not to mention the cut the riders might make... But what do I know.. I support by buying a couple vids a year... :heart:

I hear ya. I have a whole rack of sled vids. I buy Slednecks, MMM, Thunderstruck, and many more every year. Just my opinion that when we make choices that end up causing us physical pain and financial strain we don't have the right to ask for other people to pay for those choices we made. I'm going to buy the next sledneck movie and I didn't mean to rustle anyones feathers. Just giving my opinion. Hope you get well soon Chris.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
there is an old saying...you can be tough to the point of being stupid...and imo he was being stupid...

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
So he does those stunts without insurance huh? All that means is the rest of us who do pay for insurance are insuring him. And if he's in Canada, it sounds like the Canucks are footing the bill since I doubt anyone would really ever pay back 250,000 in medical bills.

I can see why people who do pay for insurance have to pay for people who aren't doing highly dangerous stunts but can't afford insurance. I find it a little ridiculous that we have to insure the people who choose to do the highly dangerous stunts without insurance. Perhaps if he couldn't afford the insurance, maybe he shouldn't be going off 100 foot cliffs into trees.

I'm sure what I said will piss a whole bunch of people off, but seriously, someone has to pay for medical bills for the accidents that will almost certainly happen. It's not like they can't predict that that stuff is going to happen.

K

Klimbing Kitty

I was there the day before and KJ, and Treadway, were doing some sick drops for Slednecks footage as well. I wish you a speedy recovery Chris.

Boundaries have to be pushed it is just very unfortunate when they push back and you end up with serious injuries.

Without these guys pushing the boundaries we would all be back on 440 short trax with studs sledding on the lake.

All the best Chris

KK

C
Mar 20, 2011
tons of differnt opinions everyone can have one but lets all wish the best for chris. And good luck chris. You dont have to agree it was the smartest choice or whatever your opinion is but thats what makes a sport a sport is people doing it and taking risks its no differnt then hockey injuries or football or anything else. You dont have to agree but you should at least hope for a good recovery. I think he did what he loved **** happens he coulda thought it through but thats why theres pros in sports there good and take chances im sure he didnt want it to happen this way and would change it if he could. SO good luck chris recover soon and go back out there and do what you love

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I hope he recovers well and does not suffer any life long issues from this. As far as being stupid or brave....well they go hand in hand. Pretty fine line. I guess we can live our lives in a rubber room or live life to it's fullest. Everyone has to make their own call on that and live with the consiquences of their decisions.
I'm getting pretty long in the tooth and with that is supposed to come wisdom (don't believe it!) But my advice is to never let others tell you what is safe for you to do. If your riding is not extreme enough for them, let them do it and enjoy watching.

K

kllongbrake

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 29, 2009
tons of differnt opinions everyone can have one but lets all wish the best for chris. And good luck chris. You dont have to agree it was the smartest choice or whatever your opinion is but thats what makes a sport a sport is people doing it and taking risks its no differnt then hockey injuries or football or anything else. You dont have to agree but you should at least hope for a good recovery. I think he did what he loved **** happens he coulda thought it through but thats why theres pros in sports there good and take chances im sure he didnt want it to happen this way and would change it if he could. SO good luck chris recover soon and go back out there and do what you love
I definitely agree with you and do hope he fully recovers soon. It was an awesome attempt at a wicked drop. Should somebody have opened a paypal account though and started asking for donations? I don't think so. I think that's a scam.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I definitely agree with you and do hope he fully recovers soon. It was an awesome attempt at a wicked drop. Should somebody have opened a paypal account though and started asking for donations? I don't think so. I think that's a scam.

Wow, the prick level on this forum is at an ALL TIME HIGH.

Even with insurance, those kinds of injuries will break a guy very quickly.

Think of what the 20% is in a situation like this... it's HUGE. (they don't do 18 hr surgeries all that cheap anymore)

As a "professional" snowmobiler, getting insurance that covers that activity is going to be VERY difficult though, and likely beyond the means of a company like slednecks (his de facto employer in this situation).

Calling a request for donations to help a guy who helps push & support our sport A SCAM is a real A-**** move imo.

It sickens me to listen to all the armchair quarterbacks that don't have a FREAKING CLUE what it's like to be on the other end of this kind of thing. Go back to your couch & eat some potato chips...

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
Wow, the prick level on this forum is at an ALL TIME HIGH.

Even with insurance, those kinds of injuries will break a guy very quickly.

Think of what the 20% is in a situation like this... it's HUGE. (they don't do 18 hr surgeries all that cheap anymore)

As a "professional" snowmobiler, getting insurance that covers that activity is going to be VERY difficult though, and likely beyond the means of a company like slednecks (his de facto employer in this situation).

Calling a request for donations to help a guy who helps push & support our sport A SCAM is a real A-**** move imo.

It sickens me to listen to all the armchair quarterbacks that don't have a FREAKING CLUE what it's like to be on the other end of this kind of thing. Go back to your couch & eat some potato chips...

Also to add to this, insurance isnt going to pay his mortgage and other bills while he is laid up in the hospital. Insurance will only cover so much. Instead of bitching about how much the medical bills will be, and that the tax payers might end up paying them, why dont we bitch about why medical cost so much... thats a whole nother issue. If you were riding down the trail and went off the road and hit a tree, got injured, I will definately not be the guy in the forum saying "what was he thinking riding and snowmachine that fast down the trail, what an idiot"
Wish the guy a good recovery or dont fkn post in here. Donate or dont donate, its pretty simple, how many times have you seen money thrown out to the guys on the off ramps of freeways, scam or no scam, some people do care...

H
Dec 12, 2009
Wow, you've raised the level even higher... WELL DONE.

You know, i'm kinda getting sick of you acting like you are the only one who has an opinion because you are the only one extreme enough to understand what is going on.

Doing **** like this (especially when you don't have insurance) is stupid, it isn't pushing machine development, it isn't supporting a sport and there isn't anything noble about it. It's entertainment, nothing more, nothing less.

I wished the guy a speedy recovery, I don't like to see anyone hurt and I'm not taking any pleasure in his accident, but I'm also not going to feel bad that he's now saddled with the consequences of a series of poor choices.

Most people grow out of the stupidity of youth, but it appears you're too extreme for that too.

Premium Features