• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST IS GETTING GREATY

K
Dec 4, 2007
CNY
I believe the point most are trying to make is one of the things that made this place so successful was the huge amount of technical knowledge here, (my post count isn't very high, but I've been here with the same user name for 11 or 12 years)

If you are going to charge people for information you should supply it, guys that have thousands or tens of thousands of dollars (I'd be willing to bet some of the turbo guys have spent $50k to $100k) in parts and time to gain their knowledge, are an amazing asset to this community, esp when they where willing to share all their hard earned info for free.

Why would these guys pay to share all this expensive hard earned info??

Then you go and lock all their old posts so they can no longer edit them.. of course they are pissed at you, what would you expect.

They are now left to feel the info was stolen from them and then sold by you for profit!!

J

Jakepol800

Nov 26, 2007
Baker City, Or
Ok hear me out, I have been on snowest for a long time since about winter of 96-97 and yes I'm young. I was here during the big change, when we had to restart the whole thing. I have also been on a sled for 19 years, yes I was five years old. I think if you cant pay $30 for THREE YEARS find a part time job SO YOU CAN.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Well thanks, but I hardly think I'm perfect.

Should set off a few alarm bells somewhere that one of the most active threads lately seems to be an obvious spin attempt by the admin involving a situation that almost any experienced sledder would find quite embarrassing.
But you are a perfect example.

No spin in my post at all Slick.

Just a very good example of the claim we have been making for the month or two now, that we have a very large number of long time members, just like you, that ARE still coming to the site, reading the posts and threads, staying abreast and well informed on whats going on at SnoWest and choosing not to post, or in your case, choosing to only post in threads critical of SnoWest.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Ok hear me out, I have been on snowest for a long time since about winter of 96-97 and yes I'm young. I was here during the big change, when we had to restart the whole thing. I have also been on a sled for 19 years, yes I was five years old. I think if you cant pay $30 for THREE YEARS find a part time job SO YOU CAN.

I am pretty sure its not the dollars..its the point of paying to provide your knowledge, as well as the way admin has handled the whole thing..JMO....

J

Jakepol800

Nov 26, 2007
Baker City, Or
They gave us a warning and that's how it is. It's kinda a make or break deal, are you in or are you out?????
Its only 2 cents a day, if you cant afford that then try riding with me. $500 PLUS A MONTH.
Also I think everyone will be back.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
They gave us a warning and that's how it is. It's kinda a make or break deal, are you in or are you out?????
Its only 2 cents a day, if you cant afford that then try riding with me. $500 PLUS A MONTH.
Also I think everyone will be back.

they may be back..but I doubt they will be as free flowing with the info as they were in the past..I know I wont be..I will pass out what I have learned based on my own feeling at the time...

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
guys, that is the one thing snowest didnt bargain on or figure for..nor can they control ..those with the knowledge control the knowledge...it is up to each and everyone of those people to decide if they wish to share it..no one can make us..I do share somethings here..but not like I used to..why? because snowest acts as if the knowledge we possess is theirs....its not..when snowest treats us as a group better..they may well get more access to that knowledge..until then..for me at least it will be a choice I personally make on a case by case decision...and I dont expect any of you that dont provide that knowledge to understand..but those who do will....

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
So this is how it could be "****K SNOWEST IF YOU WANT MY 2 CENTS PAYPAL ME TWO CENTS"

it could be..there were many good suggestions made early on in this process that were for lack of a better term "ignored" that would have made a big difference with a lot of peeps who left...I stayed..but that doesnt mean I have any obligation to give away my knowledge..

J

Jakepol800

Nov 26, 2007
Baker City, Or
So you may be a male rooster sucker that will never lift your hood in the mountains cause you hope your money gets you the highmark. Well freind its a hobby you will get beat soon

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
So you may be a male rooster sucker that will never lift your hood in the mountains cause you hope your money gets you the highmark. Well freind its a hobby you will get beat soon

sorry, but your dead wrong, I have no interest in being top dog..I ride totally for pleasure,, have no need to please, impress or beat anybody about anything...and if you check around..I do help many peeps..just not where what I know can be controlled by others...

J

Jakepol800

Nov 26, 2007
Baker City, Or
OK, I do repect that. All i say is you can talk to freinds on facebook. You pay for snowest to make snowest and keep it running so everyone stays. Nothing is free and nothing will ever be but this is cheap and live with cheap.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
OK, I do repect that. All i say is you can talk to freinds on facebook. You pay for snowest to make snowest and keep it running so everyone stays. Nothing is free and nothing will ever be but this is cheap and live with cheap.

very true..but at the time I had many friends on here..and its nice to keep in touch, in one place..let me ask you this..ever buy even a simple clutch kit for your sled? did you ever wonder why it cost 300 dollars(or more)..it takes much knowledge, time energy and many parts to really dial in a clutch kit right?..did you expect the supplier to give it to you?snowest is a business in it for a profit..no doubt and I have no problem with that....but their profit is based on the knowledge of their customers..yet they dont reward their knowledgable customers for their value..do you see that? snowest can have 200,000 members..but if they dont post valuable useful current info on these sleds, mods, riding areas, repairs, sled issues..that the members need and are on here for, then it does naught..and eventually members will stop paying...I hope they dont..I like snowest..up until this happened it was the only forum I used...but snowest has to admit that while this may need to be a pay site..they need to take care of the knowledgable members...some how some way or its all for naught....things have definetly gotten better these last 2 months..but there is a long long way to go and things that need adressed...

F

fuzz

Jul 4, 2001
Great Falls,Montana
Have you guys ever heard of "pm" or do you just like to clutter up the site with your drivell. Jeez!! I see you are both premium members so what's your point? If you dont like the site then please get off it.

Last edited:
Premium Features