• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CPC TM8 questions

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Come on now....you can't be serious? The fuel controller you bought for your SNOWmobile can't get snow on it? When I bought my sled the PL box was mounted under the hood. What a pain in A$$! Once you get it setup, then it wouldn't be bad, but until then it sucks. My box had the old harness that was too short to reach the bars, so I send it to Derik at Attitude and for a small fee he updated the programming and put the longer harness on it. I have it mounted on my bars now. MUCH nicer. I did dab some silicone on the wires where they enter they box, because I have heard of the moisture problem. IMO Dobeck needs to think about updating their box to make it completely waterproof if they are going to keep selling them to sledders. Boondocker updated theirs and it sounds like it is now completely waterproof.

Lets see, are the electronics on your boat or watercraft submerged in water?? Cause it is a WATERcraft... And do you really believe waterproof is 100%?? What about condensation?? Just not a good idea to have any electronics where they see moisture all the time.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
The Dobeck style box has a history of problems. I have friends that have to take theirs off after a ride because the humidity in the trailer messes up the box. They are all manufactured just outside of Bozeman and we had a Pure Logic Box and Attitude box go bad last season due to moisture problems. I'm sure the attitude box works great on the turbos but the box they use is junk and the reason I didn't buy a Twisted or CPC kit.

Oh come on man, you’re just posting content that others who hate the Bodeck have posted (outside looking in)….yes the Bodeck is old caveman stuff but it works very well, ask around….some folks are making these turbo kits out to be rocket science when it just needs to work for “you” and eat less parts…the biggest issue is still the Diamond Drive!

seen a attitude box go bad at fairview last year and Derek issued a new one with no questions asked…..that’s customer service!

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
Okey, that sounds good.. still don't convinced of what kit to go with,
The questions I hade before was if I needed a IC or not, and lower the comp. And I dont.
So, how much boost can I run at 1000 feet with BD PG with the updated fuelsystem and no IC?

All I know is the Pump Gas Twisted kit is the real deal...bascially no lag, never kicks like most kits, its creapy how smooth the powerband....this PG M1000 kit at 5lbs will hang with a typical Race gas M8 pushing 12lbs

How much boost - dont get caught up in boost numbers as not all compressors are the same size, bigger compressor will make more power at the same boost setting of a smaller compressor, CPC uses the smallest i seen, BD uses a big one, Twisted uses the largest one ive seen thus far, no to say each kit company cant offer bigger or smaller compressors....all i know is the typical kits i see on the snow

Intercooler - its needs a fan period!, and even then its best for hill climbing not boondocking

Exhaust - What i know and have seen, the CPC stock dump works great and is quite, the side dumps from Twisted and OVS work great, respectable folks say the newer BD tunnel dump is working great, but i know first hand the original BD tunnel dump did not work worth a flip in sticky heavy POW.

At the end of the day, all these kits are great these days, i would pick a kit that maybe one of your buddies rides? or one you think will give you better customer service, i know your getting pulled in every direction with this forum, ride like a wild man, this boost thing will get you hooked for life:beer;:face-icon-small-hap

good luck:beer;

O

ondast

Jan 31, 2008
North of Sweden
www.pixbox.se
All I know is the Pump Gas Twisted kit is the real deal...bascially no lag, never kicks like most kits, its creapy how smooth the powerband....this PG M1000 kit at 5lbs will hang with a typical Race gas M8 pushing 12lbs

How much boost - dont get caught up in boost numbers as not all compressors are the same size, bigger compressor will make more power at the same boost setting of a smaller compressor, CPC uses the smallest i seen, BD uses a big one, Twisted uses the largest one ive seen thus far, no to say each kit company cant offer bigger or smaller compressors....all i know is the typical kits i see on the snow

Intercooler - its needs a fan period!, and even then its best for hill climbing not boondocking

Exhaust - What i know and have seen, the CPC stock dump works great and is quite, the side dumps from Twisted and OVS work great, respectable folks say the newer BD tunnel dump is working great, but i know first hand the original BD tunnel dump did not work worth a flip in sticky heavy POW.

At the end of the day, all these kits are great these days, i would pick a kit that maybe one of your buddies rides? or one you think will give you better customer service, i know your getting pulled in every direction with this forum, ride like a wild man, this boost thing will get you hooked for life:beer;:face-icon-small-hap

good luck:beer;

Spot on man, I'm pulled in every direction as you say! And I know all the kits is good, no question about it. It all comes down to how reliable and user friendly it is.
No one of my friends are running a 2stroke turbo, maybe 2-3 people in the whole country so it's hard to get an clue what kit to run from them.

I don't have the sled yet so I have time to decide, maybe I go with a M1000 insted, who knows :p Im already hooked man, have a T nytro that I need to sell before I have the $$$ to buy the cat.

Thank you guys for all the input on this, it's very useful!! Keep it Up! :D

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
Lets see, are the electronics on your boat or watercraft submerged in water?? Cause it is a WATERcraft... And do you really believe waterproof is 100%?? What about condensation?? Just not a good idea to have any electronics where they see moisture all the time.

simply coating the PCB with some rubber or somein non-conductive would work....nothing new and cat does this to the ECM

J
Jan 9, 2009
North of Norway
Spot on man, I'm pulled in every direction as you say! And I know all the kits is good, no question about it. It all comes down to how reliable and user friendly it is.
No one of my friends are running a 2stroke turbo, maybe 2-3 people in the whole country so it's hard to get an clue what kit to run from them.

I don't have the sled yet so I have time to decide, maybe I go with a M1000 insted, who knows :p Im already hooked man, have a T nytro that I need to sell before I have the $$$ to buy the cat.

Thank you guys for all the input on this, it's very useful!! Keep it Up! :D

Here I north Norway there is a CF 8 with the BD PG kit, think he runs ~7psi on 98 okt. pump gas and stock CR... Will use the same setup on mine M8, but will put some racefuel or aviation fuel in it just to be safe..:)

J
Jan 9, 2009
North of Norway
I was thinking on starting on a 50/50mix And then reduse the amount of av fuel as we are testing. I think 10psi is max on oem injectors and dutycycle. Where do you live in Sweden? Av fuel easy to get?

O

ondast

Jan 31, 2008
North of Sweden
www.pixbox.se
I was thinking on starting on a 50/50mix And then reduse the amount of av fuel as we are testing. I think 10psi is max on oem injectors and dutycycle. Where do you live in Sweden? Av fuel easy to get?

Okey, maybe thats a good idé but the AV or race gas don't come free!
Yes, 10 psi is max i think but I will run with upgraded injektors, not the stock ones. I live in Gällivare. Maybe, don't know for sure but I think I can get it pretty easy.

Last edited:

Yamaha24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
CPC turbo excellent!!

I am waiting for my 2010 CPC turbo as I type,I should have it in a couple weeks, This will be the third turbo sled I have owned that has a CPC turbo, All I can say is there customer service and quality is incredible, Cutlers is just all around a top notch company to deal with in my experience.

BD NEVER AGAIN, I have had to many problems with there box which these refused to warranty, actually my buddy and I both had a problem with there boxes in 07 we took the time to send them in to be repaired we get them back nothing done to them so they became big expensive paper weights complete joke, so I buy another one in 08 thought I would give them one more try,,,more issues again,,, there customer service blows when you call them and ask for a replacement they just don't want to do it period..

thats when I discovered Attitude boxes, from Derek, complete opposite his customer service is killer I needed a box reprogramed and he went out of his way late in the day to meet me in Utah took care of it and I was riding the following morning... thats customer service..

Boondocker never again no way... have not tried the other guys yet so I cannot say a word about them...

T
Dec 2, 2007
cpc m1000t

I have rode my cpc turbo all year and had no issues with the box or any thing else for that matter. But I will say their cust. service is #1

O

ondast

Jan 31, 2008
North of Sweden
www.pixbox.se
Thank you for the info.
Still haven't decided what way to go, BD or Cutler.. I like the Cutler cold air intake, think that should work perfect for my type of riding. 90%Boondocking..
hard fu**ing chois! :confused:

R

Rms Rydning

Sep 30, 2006
North Norway
Does Cutler have a Email adress? Need to ask some questions about the kit.
This is direct to Dale Cutler him self..
cpcracing@msm.com

I have also been looking on his kits.I think its a good idea to get cold air from the outside.Otherwice all this kits use the same turbo GT2860,so the best is to go for the one with best customer service.I know Boondocker have a very good tech support.

I had a Rev 800 with a turbo kit I made my self. #66 turbo,10:1 comp, 10 psi boost and 98okt pumpgas.That worked very good,had some issues with reed cage and the pipe welds that let go..Could run it up to 2km WOT @ Riksgransen.

I would also stick with the stock M8 gearing.The low gearing is if you run at very high altitude or only use the sled in between the trees.I have a high hp M1200 tryed M8 gearing and it was to low,while climbing it entered overgear in the cluching and lost efficiency.

Are you living near Kiruna? How hard is it to get aviation fuel there?

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Just an idea of the difference in customer service,
Boondocker made me BUY a new box (oh yeah, killer deal, $50 off:rolleyes:) while I was WAITING for them to fix my box that they had promised that they would fix after THEY screwed it up fixing it the last time.

Cutler on the other hand told me he had a a new pump & oil tank for our sled, send it in & he'll give me the new parts for free with almost zero turn around time.
When I call CPC I talk to Dale (and he's just so dam helpful & happy to talk to you!), when I call Boondocker I sit on hold.

When more of these companies start to understand that SERVICE after the sale is what brings the next customer in, our sport will be greatly improved.

Yamaha24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
Just an idea of the difference in customer service,
Boondocker made me BUY a new box (oh yeah, killer deal, $50 off:rolleyes:) while I was WAITING for them to fix my box that they had promised that they would fix after THEY screwed it up fixing it the last time.

Cutler on the other hand told me he had a a new pump & oil tank for our sled, send it in & he'll give me the new parts for free with almost zero turn around time.
When I call CPC I talk to Dale (and he's just so dam helpful & happy to talk to you!), when I call Boondocker I sit on hold.

When more of these companies start to understand that SERVICE after the sale is what brings the next customer in, our sport will be greatly improved.

AMEN TO THAT!!! Couldn't have said it better myself! There is not a chance I will purchase another BD product..

O

ondast

Jan 31, 2008
North of Sweden
www.pixbox.se
This is direct to Dale Cutler him self..
cpcracing@msm.com

I have also been looking on his kits.I think its a good idea to get cold air from the outside.Otherwice all this kits use the same turbo GT2860,so the best is to go for the one with best customer service.I know Boondocker have a very good tech support.

I had a Rev 800 with a turbo kit I made my self. #66 turbo,10:1 comp, 10 psi boost and 98okt pumpgas.That worked very good,had some issues with reed cage and the pipe welds that let go..Could run it up to 2km WOT @ Riksgransen.

I would also stick with the stock M8 gearing.The low gearing is if you run at very high altitude or only use the sled in between the trees.I have a high hp M1200 tryed M8 gearing and it was to low,while climbing it entered overgear in the cluching and lost efficiency.

Are you living near Kiruna? How hard is it to get aviation fuel there?

Thanks!

I also think it's a good idea to take the cold air from outside.
Thinking of running his RG kit but mostly run it on 98. Maybe put a gallon or so of racefuel in sometimes :p

Im doing 80% tree riding, but dont think I will gear down to start with, maybe later.
About the AV gas I don't know for sure, maybe.. I should look it up, I asume you mean LL100?
Yepp, Live in Gällivare, 110km from Kiruna, We use to ride in Björkliden and Riksgränsen.
We should get together and do some riding in Riksgränsen this winter :D

:beer;:beer;

Premium Features