• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Brewpub Snow Club

D

darkeyes

Nov 21, 2007
Washington
We had our first meeting to kick off the season last Thursday at the Old Market Brewery in SW Portland. The turnout was good, and we hope our group continues to grow and be joined by fellow sledders from the NW Oregon / SW Washington area.

Our goal, as far as meetings are concerned, is to meet once a month at a local brewpub to enjoy an evening sharing sled stories. Since the Portland area has something like 97 brewpubs, it should not be too difficult to pick a new location each month! :D

We tentatively set the second Wednesday of the month to meet. Obviously this is subject to change, so please feel free to chime in. We hope to vary the location each month so that we can accommodate various travel times and also to experience the variety of brewpubs this area has to offer. :beer;

So, how about November 12th at 6pm for our next get-together?

Location...hmmm, I can't decide. We just met in SW, so how about:
Alameda Brewpub (NE)?
Deschutes Brewery (downtown)?
Hopworks Urban Brewery (SE)?
Green Dragon (inner SE)?

Open to suggestions! :D

Edit: Hey OC - where's the group pic from Thurs?

Last edited:
D

darkeyes

Nov 21, 2007
Washington
Would another evening work better, for those of you who can't make it on the 12th? It sounds like Hopworks was the pick for this month, but we can certainly move the date to accommodate more sledheads. Just speak up! :)

D

darkeyes

Nov 21, 2007
Washington
It sounds like quite a few sledders can't attend the November 12th get-together, so how about we set up TWO meetings this month! :D:beer;

November 12th - Hopworks Urban Brewery in SE Portland http://www.hopworksbeer.com/

November 19th - Hazel Dell Brewpub in Vancouver http://www.nwbrewpage.com/wabpubs/HazelDell.html

Meet time for both evenings is 6pm, or whenever you can show up. Hope to see a bunch of new faces!

:beer;:beer;:beer;

S

sledrider

Nov 26, 2007
Wherever the snow is
Great a couple new people.
Anyone else?
This is just some people that enjoy a good micro beer and talking sleds.
Come on out.
Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight.

reed4rmk, jakestr, OC...I will make sure I have a beer for you:beer;
see you next time.

About Hopworks.
"HUB is Portland’s first Eco-Brewpub to offer all organic handcrafted beers, fresh local ingredients, and a sustainable building with a relaxed and casual atmosphere."

Lets hope they will allow us to talk snowmobiles! Just joking. They have great beer and good food in a very green pub (my carbon offset)

D

darkeyes

Nov 21, 2007
Washington
It sounds like we will have an awesome turnout tonight! :D

We have a reservation held for "Snow Club" and will be sitting upstairs in the mezzanine. Whenever you can show up, head on upstairs! :beer;

D

darkeyes

Nov 21, 2007
Washington
Hey I'm gona be in Portland in Feb.....I think you guys might need a visitors night.

Visitor's night...I love it - that would be awesome! :D When are you going to be in town? We should try to work a get-together around your visit, just say when! :beer;

Thanks to all of you who showed up last night at Hopworks! It was great to meet some new faces. We had a fun time talking sledding, drinking some of Portland's finest beer, and watching it rain buckets outside (wishing it were snow :().

We are planning to meet again next Wednesday evening at the Hazel Dell Brewpub in Vancouver - 8513 N.E. Highway 99. See you there! :beer;:beer;

Premium Features