• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 M1200 Turbo Project

I
Nov 28, 2007
Orem, Utah
I thought i would post some pics and show how my build is coming along. I picked some pretty basic colors, but with the type of riding I do Black, Aluminum, and Ti are pretty easy to maintain and keep looking good.

Matt Hasara from Powerhouse Motorsports built the chassis from the ground up. He did an outstanding job! I would just like to thank Matt for his meticulous attention to detail! So far, the sled looks great!

Brad Story worked his magic on the Motor, clutching, and Turbo kit. Very Clean!

We used the following:
OVS/Brad Story Turbo
D&D 1200 kit
Pure Logic Controller
162" Fastlane tunnel with NoSnos(they are the best IMO)
VanAmburg Heat Exchanger
Fastlane Lightweight Steering Post with 4" rise
Fly Bars with Mtn bar
Fastlane A-Arms with lightweight Bushings and Spindle Kit
Fox Evols
SLP Powder Pro Skis
Nightfire Spindles
Titanium nuts, bolts and washers
BDX Lite Diamond Drive
BDX Lite Driveshaft
BDX Lite Weight Brake Rotor
Timbersled Rear Suspension with powder coated rails
Anti Stab Kit
162" Powerclaw
and a bunch of other stuff...

pic025Small360x480.jpg pic029Small480x360.jpg pic026Small480x360.jpg pic027Small360x480.jpg pic031Small480x360.jpg pic036Small480x360.jpg pic033Small480x360.jpg

Last edited:
C

chris79

Mar 3, 2008
Foremost, Alberta
I thought i would post some pics and show how my build is coming along. I picked some pretty basic colors, but with the type of riding I do Black, Aluminum, and Ti are pretty easy to maintain and keep looking good.

Matt Hasara from Powerhouse Motorsports built the chassis from the ground up. He did an outstanding job! I would just like to thank Matt for his meticulous attention to detail! So far, the sled looks great!

We used the following:

162" Fastlane tunnel with NoSnos(they are the best IMO)
VanAmburg Heat Exchanger
Fastlane Steering Post with riser
Fly Bars with Mtn bar
Fastlane A-Arms with lightweight Bushings and Spindle Kit
Fox Evols by Mark Holz
SLP Skis
Nightfire Spindles
Titanium nuts, bolts and washers
BDX Lite Diamond Drive
BDX Lite Driveshaft
BDX Lite Weight Brake Pads
Timbersled Rear Suspension

Anti Stab Kit
2.5" Camo Drilled Track(soon to be replaced with powderclaw that is sitting in shop)

Right now, the sled is up at Brad Story's getting his special treatment...with this cool air and frost in the morning, im starting to get just a little antsy! Please let us be riding in october like yrs past! please...

That is sweet I'm turboing my 07 m8 and changing it to the 09 rear and also going with the powerclaw I love seeing all these projects its cool sh*t it seems to pass the summer a bit faster

Chris

I
Nov 28, 2007
Orem, Utah
skinz hood

Has anyone seen the new Skinz hood and is so what do you think? I have always ran diamond S, but would like to use my speedo on this sled.

anyone?

thanks

Last edited:
T
Nov 29, 2007
Wuhan, WA

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
I think there's a pic of the skinz hood on a sled in the new shade tree catalog. Why can't you put your speedo on a diamond-s?

sleds 08 051.JPG sleds 08 053.JPG

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
What grips are you using? Look bigger than most. I have some Fly CF bars and don't want a thin grip, I'd like to have a watercraft style grip but I can't find any that are long enough to go over the hooks. I did like the RSI tape style grips but the freight sucks and there's nothing else they have that I need.

I'm also mulling around the idea of some a-arms and spindles, then the sled will be completely finished. Did you go with spindles only(like Clear Perf) or a whole new spindle and housing?(More like Timbersled)

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Please add a good helmet cam to this build.... cause I wanna go for a ride. You better post some good climbs this season! :beer;:beer;:beer;

I
Nov 28, 2007
Orem, Utah
Well, i finally got this project done!

Brad Story did an awesome job with the turbo and DD1200 install. Very Clean!

what do you guys think? should i polish the tunnel?

Man, do we need some snow. I'm dying to get this thing out...

IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp17/isattv/IMG_2442.jpg[/IMG]

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

IMG_2450.jpg

Last edited:
L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
ttt

beautiful sled, but the one thing that blows me away is that no one else out there except boondocker uses intercoolers anymore, the tech from bd told me if i was running 10psi or more the charge temps get pretty hot and it just gets that much closer to deto. who knows 1 person says one thing than another one says another. very nice ride.

H

Hairy Mark

Nov 21, 2007
kettle falls
very nice jason. are we going to see you up in the kootenays this year. and are you gonna let me take a spin on this turbo to. lol.

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
beautiful sled, but the one thing that blows me away is that no one else out there except boondocker uses intercoolers anymore, the tech from bd told me if i was running 10psi or more the charge temps get pretty hot and it just gets that much closer to deto!

the use of larger turbos help move more air and dont have to work so hard like the smaller turbos and that helps makes charge temps lower ! bigger cc engines have the bottom end the old M7's didnt have so spool up isnt much of a problem off the bottom anymore so now u can use larger turbos ! ! plus if u run an intercooler with out a hi volume of air moving threw it your charge temps will be higher than if u didnt have the intercooler ! the intercooler will hold the heat in like an oven without the air movement ! this is why the turbo gods dont use them! So im told !
mike:D

Last edited:
D

Dano702

Dec 15, 2007
Sin City
beautiful sled, but the one thing that blows me away is that no one else out there except boondocker uses intercoolers anymore, the tech from bd told me if i was running 10psi or more the charge temps get pretty hot and it just gets that much closer to deto. who knows 1 person says one thing than another one says another. very nice ride.

Hmmmmmm.......... good question young grass hopper . I wonder who knows more , the teacher or the student?:rolleyes:

Premium Features