• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding in Eureka Cali

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
So I might get stuck moving to Eureka Cali The Godforsaken place that it is is there anywhere to ride????

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
i wouldn't exactly call eureka 'godforesaken'. i'd save that description for places like bakersfield, lodi or barstow. :)

pretty good riding in the shasta area not too far from 'big-E'.

northern tahoe (where we ride a lot) could be done in an easy 3-day-er.

jeff

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
its a few hours away from me, but yeah if you wanna ride your gunna have to drive a bit.

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
i wouldn't exactly call eureka 'godforesaken'. i'd save that description for places like bakersfield, lodi or barstow. :)

pretty good riding in the shasta area not too far from 'big-E'.

northern tahoe (where we ride a lot) could be done in an easy 3-day-er.

jeff

Thanks for the input its very nice country but Eureka seems like it would be a tough place to make a buck and if have never seen so many meth addicts in my LIFE

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
Welcome to Cali. Bakersfield is horrible, but the 99 fwy between Bakers and Fresno is even worse.

anyways, being a sledder up that way can't be worse than it is for us LA guys.
Have a killer season, hook up w/ someone to truck pool ;)

that's the truth there dudes. the san joaquin valley is the birthplace of meth (merced county specifically) and the north coast is pretty close behind.

ultralord...what kind of work do you do?

jeff

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
I own a a small chain of auto repair shop in western washington state. My wife is from Eureka Cali she wants me to sell and move its kinda tough to do MY riding is fantastic 3 hours from canada 45 min from Snoqualmie pass 300 in of snow a year.

B

bigbull

Jan 21, 2005
Spokane, WA
www.bigbullinc.com
Im from Fort Bragg, just south of Eureka. There is no real riding anywhere near there, period. Looking at the bright side..........hmmmmmm.........I will have to get back to you , sorry dude.
BB

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
Im from Fort Bragg, just south of Eureka. There is no real riding anywhere near there, period. Looking at the bright side..........hmmmmmm.........I will have to get back to you , sorry dude.
BB

Yeah, BB is right, theres nothing around there, and I think its safe to say your wife hasnt been back in a while???? Fort bragg is nice for a weekend getaway but thats about it.

Any decent riding is on the east side of the state in the sierras, shasta is good but there is only so much to ride there. Bad choice if you wanna ride any decent amount.

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
Thanks for the input, I think I might just buy a second house and send her down there so she can see what it is realy like.

Premium Features