• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Licensing a 4-wheeler in Utah?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I went to the DMV today to see if I could license my 4-wheeler ... the quad I wanted to license is a 2007 YFZ450 ... it has a working brake light, etc, and I was going to add mirrors to it, etc....

but the lady there told me they couldn't do a motorcycle license for an ATV ...

Is this true? You can't license a 4-wheeler period in the state of utah?

Lt Rascal

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2004
Nibley, Utah
I have talked to a couple people about just this subject and they have all told me NO. But none of them could give me and real reason why>

I know for a endoro bike it has to have blinkers, running head & tail lights, Brake light, Road leagle tires (Not nobies), nd a few others but those are the main things.

How ever like a car. IF the bike is old enough to have came stock with no blinkers you do not need them. You are just required to use hand signals.

Idaho, Depending on the sheriff of each county. You can get your wheeler registered to ride on public roads (Not Interstates). But that is a county by county sheriff's desition. So it can literally change every time there is a new sheriff. :mad:STUPID. I got a $90 ticket on this one.

Good luck, Lt Rascal

S
Nov 26, 2007
Heber City, Utah
It has got to pass safety inspection to be lienced on road. You can look up the requirements on the state website, but I'd bet it is not worth trying to get one on a 4wheeler.

Some small towns around here let you drive them on the street, like Hanna, Tabionna.

Premium Features