• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

March Conditions On Togwotee Pass

March 5th Pic!
image46395.jpg

The spring riding conditions will have to wait! I was out riding this past Wednesday (3/05) and Friday (3/06) and its really sweet. We got a few feet in the high county over the previous weekend into the week. On Wednesday the riding conditions were like February. It was a challenge to high mark and we left lots of bomb holes. I was out riding with Dobson Entertainment as they filmed the next Born to Ride #7. The last DVD #6 has some awesome footage of Togwotee, but this one will be even better.

A deep solid base currently covers the area with more snow pack then last several years. The riding should be good into late March this year. Spring conditions will hold together until later in April this year before the creeks open and begin to cut off trails. We will close after the Pink Ribbon Riders caner awareness rides April 4th and 5th. Support this great cause and get one last spring ride in for the season. Check out the PRR website at www.pinkribbonriders.com/snow_wy.html or the SnoWest thread on the event under wyoming.

image46397.jpg

We are calling for temps in the high 20’s to low 30’s this week with some new snow. Once we get a week in the high 30’s into 40’s the snow will crust over into a parking lot. We have been known to get significant snowfalls late March and in April after we close. This provides a few good days of the powder experience. The spring riding is a great time to explore the area with out “digging out” as much.

Enjoy the pics…

image46394.jpg

image46396.jpg

:D

3/08 This Afternoon: Mostly sunny, with a high near 27. West northwest wind around 10 mph.

Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as zero. West northwest wind 7 to 10 mph becoming east northeast.

3/09 Sunday: A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. Wind chill values as low as -1. East northeast wind 7 to 10 mph becoming west northwest.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -2. West wind around 8 mph becoming south.

3/10 Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. West southwest wind between 9 and 13 mph.

Monday Night: A 20 percent chance of snow showers after 11pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.

3/11 Tuesday: Snow showers likely, mainly after 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Tuesday Night: A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 13.

3/12 Wednesday: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25.

Wednesday Night: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.

3/13 Thursday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 24.

Thursday Night: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 16.

3/14 Friday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 25.

M

miko

Nov 28, 2007
So. Dak.
We will be out there Wed. thru Sun....can't wait. Been a long time since I've been out there.

Still good snow, and more to come!

This is a hole to the ground from a warm spring we found. It is about 10 feet deep!

image47236.jpg

image47235.jpg

We got almost a foot through out the week last week and have received another 6-8 inches in the last 48 hours from Togwotee Lodge and higher up the pass. I went riding yesterday to test out a Nitro (not my favorite sled) and found the base had been baked and settled (lowering avalanche danger) but we still have a got 8-10 inches of fluff on top(we added another 4 inches last night). It is NOT a tar parking lot yet, actually its really good riding still. I usually stop riding when we get parking lot conditions, however its so good I may go riding in the next day or two. Attached is our forecast followed by more pics...

Snow Advisory

Today: Snow likely, mainly before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28. West wind between 14 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tonight: A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 11. Wind chill values as low as -2. West southwest wind between 11 and 16 mph. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Friday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 26. Wind chill values as low as -4. West southwest wind around 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Friday Night: Snow likely, mainly before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8. Wind chill values as low as -8. West northwest wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Saturday: A 40 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25. West northwest wind between 10 and 15 mph.

Saturday Night: A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 2.

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 35.

Sunday Night: A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.

Monday: A chance of snow or rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37.

Monday Night: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.

Tuesday: A slight chance of snow or rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37

Tuesday Night: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.

Wednesday: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34.

image47240.jpg

image47239.jpg

image47238.jpg

image47237.jpg

image47264.jpg

Lodge Rooms Open Before Hill Climb!

We had a large group cancel and we now have lodge rooms open again around the hill climb. Lodge rooms have opened the 26-30th, $89.00 a night! The 26th is at a higher rate, but call and book with me and we will honor an $89.00 rate for double occupancy on the 26th too.

We have recieved only a dusting during the day today.

We will be grooming until April 6th, provided it drops below freezing at night, and the lodge will be open with all services, including rentals.

Hope you can fit one last trip in between getting your boats and ATV's ready for summer!

Ben

More Snow!

We received another 2-4 inches last night. We can barely see across the highway now it's snowing so hard. It is calling for only a few inches today, and looks like a total accumulation of 4-6 inches by Saturday night, then we have a chance of snow for the next week each day with temps in the low
30's. The snow is so good the employee boarders and skiers are hiking up Angle Mt. today to get one last good run in!

Lets hope it stays cool and keeps on snowing!

Ben
:cool:

S
Oct 1, 2002
NY
Hope you can fit one last trip in between getting your boats and ATV's ready for summer!

Ben

Buy my plane ticket and ill come back out....6 days back in feb wasnt enough....
Were you guys testing the nytro for the possiblilty of adding them to the fleet next yr?

Last edited:

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
damn ben, if flights werent 1300 per person i would throw the sleds on the truck with rick moms and come out again. wished we would had alittle mor time to prepare for the openings. damn it i wanna come back out baaaaad. ski

A few More Inches Last Night and COLD!!!!

We got a few more inches last night at the lodge. I was out yesterday in the AM with our General Manager and the Forest Service. We were poking around the pasture lands above the lodge for a new place for the Togwotee Pass Snowtel site. The current site is very wind blown and has been recording lower than actual snowfall all season. We were also testing out the Nitro in thoughts of adding it to the fleet next year. Does anyone have an opinion on the Nytro?

The snow is AWESOME!!!!!! It was over the windshield just above the lodge! It was NEGATIVE eight degrees this morning!

Jeff, The General Manager enjoying the fresh powder on a Nytro 3.21.08.
image47415.jpg

image47416.jpg

image47414.jpg

image47417.jpg

National Weather Service
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hazardous Weather Outlook
Today: No Hazardous weather today at Togwotee....

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...SUNDAY THROUGH FRIDAY

SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL IS POSSIBLE MONDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY...WEST OF THE DIVIDE....ESPECIALLY OVER THE MOUNTAINS.

Premium Features