• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stoked on a 503

O

ozzydog

Dec 17, 2007
I went out with the gang by Ellensburg this past weekend.
Rode my 503 for the first time. Loved it and will never go back to a standard sled.
My thoughts of riding a snowhawk 503 for the first time.
1. Like riding a motorcycle on snow.
2. Technical/challenging/ and always keeping me on my game.
3. Noticed the snowhawk will turn on a dime and is the machine in the trees.

I really liked the fact that I could go thru the trees to spots that the two ski guys could not get to.

I did notice that on the groomed trails that the front ski needs the trail adapter kit. Makes the sled much more stable on the groomed trail.

I ordered the Simmons ski today, also doing the clutch work snowaddict recommends.

I believe this work will make the 503 one of the best mountain machines out there.

C
Dec 10, 2007
Anchorage, Alaska
Ozzydog,
Brad590 up here in AK gave me his settings for the stock powerblock and tra. He had me remove a disk out of all three "pucks" in the primary and set the secondary to B-6. Now my '02 503 136" screams. I have to watch the rpms and not overdue it, but it hooks up and gets with it, it'll perform even better in the hills as all I got to ride in was the swamps last weekend. I have the P-85 with the team secondary on my '03 503 121" and it works equally well, just a little smoother with the clutching. I need to put in a lighter spring for the secondary as well. Glad you enjoyed your ride. I'm with you and love the handling of the hawk.

cwh

Premium Features