• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

mountain cat max riser height?

D
Jan 2, 2008
Anyone know the max riser one can do before you have to extend the brake and throttle lines?

5'8" and find stock heigh on a 2001 MC 800 LE to be way to low.

What height do you powder types use?

B
Dec 14, 2007
Wasilla
3" is the max before you have to extend your throtle cable, but does require some re-routing. I currently have 7"s of rise and my brake cable (re-routed) is maxed out. If I turn hard left it is tight! I have an slp hose that is 4 inches longer to put on. I am 6' and change and this is almost perfect for me. I might go another inch. All depends on you.

G
Oct 24, 2009
riser

this is easy , i put a 3 inch rocks (brand name) , on my 03 m/c and the cables have to be rerouted a bit , the throttle is not the problem, its the brake line which is a 80 dollar upgrade from cat so what i did is went to princess auto and bought a 6inch grease gun hose , it a 1/8 pipe thread and in threaded right into the brake caliper and then bought a 1/8 pipe collar and that joined the original crake line to the grease gun hose and 3 years later i am running trouble free , no leaks , 100 % brake and all for about 5 bucks , , party on man!!

Premium Features