• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Avalanche Class in Bismarck, ND January 13

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
Four Hour Avalanche Classes
Specifically for snowmobilers

Avalanche classes coming to Bismarck January 13th, Sunday

Classes are effective, proven to save lives and affordable.

Learn: How to avoid the most common mistakes, what equipment works best, how to rescue effectively, evaluate terrain, avoid terrain traps, analyze stability and increase your skills in the mountains.

Cost $45 Must sign up in advance

Take the class with those you ride with.

Date: January 13th, 2008
Location: Best Western Ramkota Hotel. 800 S. Third St. Bismarck, ND 58504. Governor’s Room.
For room reservations call 701-258-7700 or www.bismarck.ramkota.com
Time: 9am-1pm or 3pm-7pm
To sign up: Email Mike Duffy: duffyww1@aol.com or call 970-390-9433

Four hour avalanche awareness, avoidance and rescue class.

Instructor: Mike Duffy. Level I & II Avalanche instructor Colorado Mountain College, rescue/avalanche team leader Vail Mountain Rescue Group, instructor Walter Kirch Avalanche Seminars, graduate of National Avalanche School, National Academy of Winter Guiding. Mountain Snowmobiler for 20 years.
Course content:
-Introduction to Avalanches, statistics, contributing factors.
-Avalanche reports
-Signs of instability.
-Equipment
-What to carry and what works best.
-Avalanche beacons.
-Fast and effective single and multiple burial searches.
-Rescue
-Avalanche survival methods
-Hasty search
-mistakes in rescue
-Group Dynamics
-Terrain Evaluation/terrain traps
-Preparing for your trip
-Stability Analysis
-Scenarios

S

sledstew

Nov 2, 2004
Mandan, ND
www.themildtowild.com
Ttt

Guys in North Dakota can also call me to get signed up for this class, Mike is an awesome instructor it will be well worth your time,

701-202-6304
Jakes Small Engine
Jake Stewart

900rider

Dec 6, 2007
McClusky ND
is there a signup deadline? Will probably attened, and may have a few others that would go....wont know util thursday or firday.

sled.man

Premium Member
Dec 8, 2007
lynnwood washington
We have way to many flat landers going to the mountains, getting caught in an avalanche and not knowing what to do. With proper training you can avoid the avy areas. you can travel almost all areas safely in low danger, but the risks go up dramatically as the avy danger starts to rise. check the forecast daily for the avy danger. this is a good class and well worth the time. you dont get the chance to often to get a class in north dakota. one of my family members was from northdakota and killed in cooke city a few years back. last year we lost a guy from jamestown

ride safely

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
If you want to attend the Avalanche class in Bismarck, I still have room in both sessions. It is ok to just show up at the class. I will be traveling on Saturday and will be out of cell range for part of the day. Just leave a message if you want and let me know how many people will be attending. 970-390-9433. I will not be able to respond to emails on Saturday. See you at the class, Mike

sled.man

Premium Member
Dec 8, 2007
lynnwood washington
Mike
i talked one of my riding partners that i lined up to take your class in Bismarck. He said the class was fantastic, he learned a lot, and if their was a problem, he had a good idea how to save me.
The Snow Freak

Premium Features