• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Avalanche class in Laramie, January 10th

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
Four Hour Avalanche Classes
Specifically for snowmobilers

Avalanche classes coming to Laramie January 10th, Thursday evening

Classes are effective, proven to save lives and affordable.

Learn: How to avoid the most common mistakes, what equipment works best, how to rescue effectively, evaluate terrain, avoid terrain traps, analyze stability and increase your skills in the mountains.

Cost $35 Must sign up in advance

Take the class with those you ride with.

Date: January 10th, 2008 Thursday night
Location: Ramada Laramie. 2313 Soldier Springs Rd Laramie 307-742-6611. Just southeast of the Junction of I-80 and 287.
Time: 6pm-10pm
To sign up: Email Mike Duffy: duffyww1@aol.com or call 970-390-9433

Four hour avalanche awareness, avoidance and rescue class.

Instructor: Mike Duffy. Level I & II Avalanche instructor Colorado Mountain College, rescue/avalanche team leader Vail Mountain Rescue Group, instructor Walter Kirch Avalanche Seminars, graduate of National Avalanche School, National Academy of Winter Guiding. Mountain Snowmobiler for 20 years.
Course content:
-Introduction to Avalanches, statistics, contributing factors.
-Avalanche reports
-Signs of instability.
-Equipment
-What to carry and what works best.
-Avalanche beacons.
-Fast and effective single and multiple burial searches.
-Rescue
-Avalanche survival methods
-Hasty search
-mistakes in rescue
-Group Dynamics
-Terrain Evaluation/terrain traps
-Preparing for your trip
-Stability Analysis
-Scenarios

SnowBigDeal

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2003
Mt. Pleasant, UT
www.snowbigdeal.com
I highly recommend taking an avalanche class from Mike. He is a great guy and really knows his stuff. Not to mention that what you learn in his class may help save yours or someone else's life.

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
Calls are coming in fast. This may sell out. If you are not able to make this date. Please email me and I may set up another class if there is enough interest. Thanks, Mike duffyww1@aol.com

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Class was very informative Mike ...

I'd recommend it to anyone, it'll get you thinking about things.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Ft Collins CO
Agreed. I looked at the hills with a new respect this weekend. Great course for guys with experience and those with iowa/ nebraska plates. Until you guys stop climbing 4 at a time I'm still gonna be a pr#ck to you when I see you @ lake marie with your huskers led brake lights and leather jackets that advertise your favorite consumer products. Take this course so you understand why locals ride by shaking their heads and flip you off. Don't want to be mean, but for the love of god, have some respect for the hills!

H
Dec 20, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyo.
Mike,

Per your Laramie Class, it was informative, educational, and eye-opening. I had a refound respect for the snow this weekend. My riding partner and I actually discussed some "should we/should we nots" during our Sunday run.

I strongly encourage you to host another Laramie/SE Wyoming course, as I know of three other folks who couldn't make your January 10th class.

Matt

Premium Features