• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

phazer boondocking issues?

A

AK cat rider

Dec 20, 2007
My girl friend has a 07 phazer mtn. pretty much stock, the sled does alright but when boondocking thru the trees, its a hand full to ride. I was thinking about taking the sway bar off and trying it out. the sled could use a diet to. Have a mbrp on the way for x-mas to shed a few pounds. All the hype from magazines talk it up to be a great sled but, we are kinda disappointed so far. My M-7 162" does cicles around the sled, and weighs a hell of alot less. Any of you guys having issues with the girl friend or wife riding the phazer? Just wondering what else to due before we sell the sled to get something she can handle.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Unfortunately this sled compared more with the F5 than the M7. They are undersprung and overweight in comparison. I think your girlfriend would be a lot happier with an M5 or M6. For now, you can tighten the front springs, don't pull the swaybar, as this will only exagerate the problem. The lightweight exhaust will be a plus.

A

AK cat rider

Dec 20, 2007
I'll give that a try, it just doesn't have the go in the deep snow or the manuverability in the trees. Were going riding next weekend so we'll see how the mbrp does. The sled is just too top heavy for her. Were thinking of trying a 600 summit, 600 dragon or a M-6, the 4-stroke is awsome down low for grunt, but it definetly lacks thru the mid range. Also, when you roll it over , it will spit out some oil and every now and then some anti-freeze. The dealer said it was coming out of the breather and pucking anti-freeze out of the overflow. Not very impressed with the sled overall. good trail sled, not so good mountain sled.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Pull the sway bar crank up the front shocks and widen the skis .
Move the Torsion spring slider/wheel assembly one hole back.
Had the same issue with my girls sled this helped a bunch.

Shed any weight you can it is not light.

RX1MountainMan

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Harlowton, MT
Phazer

Agree on set the ski's to the widest position. I put an Excell pipe on and added two SLP Flow- rite's to the Airbox lid. I need to try the rear suspension thing. Probably the biggest thing is to have her spend some time on it. It is a different riding style. I though that we were going to have to sell our's after the first ride, but over the season the wife got used to it and really likes it now. This sled with about 100-105 hp from the factory would be a great boondocker. I had also thought about trying a set of Gen II Simmons, but haven't gone that far yet.

Premium Features