• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How do snow eliminators go on??

D
Dec 5, 2007
Riverton, WY
Hi everyone, i have heard so many good things about the snow eliminators i would like to get them. i was wondering how involved is the process of putting them on. what do you need to do it both tools and time. your help would be great. thanks a lot--
also who would your recommend getting them from for a M7 thanks a lot

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Sawsall, body saw, or a die grinder with a cutoff wheel, drill, and a air riviter. You cut most of your running board surface out and rivit in the new board face. You don't need an air riviter but they do a better job than a hand operated. Instruction will come with what ever ones you get.

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
Yes I would recommend them for a M7. I put a pair on a M7 and a M8 this year. They keep the snow off the running boards. Better traction also. It took me about a hour on the M7 because I was overly cautious. Great Mod!

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
Absolutely put them on your M. You can cut out one big hole, or cut each hole individually. IMO cutting each hole is much better. On my M-1000 I cut one big hole and after some hard landings, I now have bent running boards. Set the eliminators on the tunnel pressing it snug up against the side of the tunnel and use vice grips or a clamp to hold in place. Use a marker to mark each hole. The them off. I drilled holes in each corner of each hole to make it easier to cut out and have a nice rounded cut. Then cut out where you have marked. I used an air hacksaw. Then put the eliminators back up there and be sure they are snug against the side of the tunnel and flat on the running board and clamp down again. Drill your holes and install the rivets. Then I used a digrinder to clean up each hole. Last and most important....go ride and enjoy having some traction knowing you just made a very wise purchase.

cpc1.jpg cpc2.jpg cpc3.jpg cpc4.jpg

Premium Features