• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Twins or Single???

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
I am hurring to mod out my 2005 Polaris 900 RMK 166". Anyways, I will be running a home built intake system, vForce 3 reeds, RK Tek Billet head, and a Pure Logic efi controller. My question is should I buy a set of SLP(say SLP, they claim they didn't build them though) twin pipes for $275+shipping or should I buy the proven single pipe from HTG for $500+shipping?????? I hear that tiwn pipes are difficult to tune on these 900's. Will my Pure Logic box take care of that or will they still be hard to tune? Also the twins are not ceramic coated. They do however say that they fit under the stock hood. The HTG single pipe comes with a y-pipe and the only way they sell it is ceramic coated. Should I try a set of twins or stick to the proven single? Please don't suggest any other pipe setups for I am set on HTG if I don't get talked into running twin pipes.

K
Dec 11, 2007
my dad runs a slp single pipe,it runs awsome,can but reeds and heads arent worth it,reeds arent worth it cuzz its EFI,reeds work better on carberated sleds.

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Kooteney- you must not be too up on the 900. the head alone is the single best mod for this sled. none of the pipes get what they claim.

J

jfield

Dec 2, 2007
Bozeman, Mt
if slp says they didnt make a twin pipe they didnt. if u do pipe it u HAVE TO REFLASH or it will run like poo.

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
Wouldn't the fuel control box take the place of a reflash????? Personally, I prefer a single pipe. It depends on the kind of riding you do. If you really want and need the most horsepower, go for the twins. There will be however a lot more clutch work required. EGT's should be helpful with dialing in your fuel controller.

K
Dec 11, 2007
my dad got the reflash about a year before he blew the motor,then he kept the boondocker box off,its been off ever sence till this day and it runs awsome,pulls hard.

On this photo Rev-X is stuck in the top left
n509796311_146747_8680.jpg

n509796311_146756_1730.jpg

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Yes, the Pure Logic box would do away with the reflash.

DOOMAN, why do you say you wouldn't change from twin pipes? Are they that much better when tuned in?

P
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
Didn't the 900 need more timing with twin pipes? Wasn't it CPI or Crankshop that actually built twins and they never panned out?...it was claimed that they weren't able to alter the ignition timing and therefore couldnt get the results they should have.

J

JesseJames

Jan 9, 2005
I have a HTG single pipe on my 05' 900, with an SLP head, and different intake & reeds, with no reflash, and it runs just fine. The pipe really woke the sled up, and I was really happy with it. I didn't think SLP made a set of twin pipes for this sled, or at least offered them to the general public. Wasn't the reflash on SLP's single pipes for the 900 more for the timing than fuel? I thought that was the word on the street when these were the new iron at the time. Jesse.

Premium Features