• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Winter moto boots!!!!!

roo

Premium Member
May 12, 2008
sedro woolley WA
I used to wear moto boots when riding snowbikes and my hawks (for the first 7 years), feet got cold and wet, but i said it was worth it for the rigidity. Finally got fed up and started wearing rigid snowmobile boots, fxr light boas.
BAD CHOICE, SHOULD HAVE STAYED WITH MOTO BOOTS.
Rode into a hole sunday, pinned it and landed way way to hard on the other side on hard pack/ice.
Tore my achillis tendon in half!!!!!!

I would never ride a bike on dirt without the best moto boots money can buy. Nothing else should have ever been an option on a snowbike or hawk.
To all that are wearing floppy snowmobile boots or even rigid snowcross boots, they are not built for riding standing on footpegs.
I truly believe i wouldnt be sitting in a wheelchair right now if i had been wearing my tech 10s.

You all enjoy the rest of the season, and rip it up for me. See you next year!
Cheers
Jeff

roo

Premium Member
May 12, 2008
sedro woolley WA
Does anyone even make them?

I know alpinestars has some goretex boots but..they are not like my Tech 7's.

If not i will just go back to tech 10s with silicone spray and thick wool socks.

Hopefully with the gain in popularity of snowbikes some of the gear companies might see the opportunity to make some cash developing new pruduct.
We can hope.

S
Dec 14, 2009
Idaho
I've been using moto boots with goretex socks and wool underneath. The key to staying warm(er) is having boots that don't fit too tight. They aren't as warm as winter boots but I definitely prefer the feel and protection.

M
Mar 3, 2016
Gore-Tex Moto boot options

I searched the Gore-Tex website for a list of motoboots that are waterproof. Here's a list of what I found:

Sidi Vertigo Mega
Sidi Adventure Gore-Tex Boot
Alpinestars Toucan
Alpinestars Durban
Sidi Armada
TCX X-Desert
Dainese Carroarmato

While these boots offer some protection from your feet getting wet, they lack in the insulation department. An easy fix would be to wear warm socks or heated insoles but each have their benefits and drawbacks. I would agree as the market grows then a specific Snowbike boot will be produced. Hopefully to prevent injuries as original post shown is still possible. I hope you heal up fast!

Guitarman

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
TOBE Boots

In my opinion the TOBE boots are the most protective Snowbike boot on the market. They offer the protection you are looking for, they are insulated and very comfortable.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
I've been wearing the alpine star toucans. Love the boots. Feet stay warm and dry with just a regular pair of socks. Are they as much protection as alpine star tech series, No. but they do offer more then a regular boot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
Alpinestar Corazol are a cheaper alternative to the Toucan. Three seasons and mine look like new. Dry and warm. Could be a little chilly in really cold temps but have been fine for me. Forma Adventure are really good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R
Apr 18, 2016
Toucans here, just ripped a buckle so they are in getting the repair now but I have been happy with them. Warm with decent protection, wish they were even more robust like my moto boots but they are pretty close, really warm and comfy much better protection than a snomo boot.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
We have had a lot of happy customers with the Alpinestars Toucan and Corozal. I wear the Toucan myself and just wear a regular heavy sock inside and have never had cold or wet feet.

J
Mar 5, 2017
I've ridden all day with my fox instincts and didn't have any issues with wet feet. Pulled my pants gators right down over top and they worked awesome. Can't say what they would be like on a super cold day but in terms of keeping my feet dry they were just as good as my regular snow boots.

Dec 1, 2007
livingston MT
In my opinion the TOBE boots are the most protective Snowbike boot on the market. They offer the protection you are looking for, they are insulated and very comfortable.

Do the Tobe boots hold up to kick starting bikes? I have damaged other boots while kick starting my bike, arch damage as well as side wall damage from my foot slipping off the end while kicking.

Also a question for those who wear the Alpinestars Toucan, what outside temperature are you comfortable in with just wearing a heavy sock? Do your feet stay dry on an all day ride in wet warm snow?

Thanks

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
They use to claim that the one without the removable liner is a good snow bike boot ?

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
Do the Tobe boots hold up to kick starting bikes? I have damaged other boots while kick starting my bike, arch damage as well as side wall damage from my foot slipping off the end while kicking.

Also a question for those who wear the Alpinestars Toucan, what outside temperature are you comfortable in with just wearing a heavy sock? Do your feet stay dry on an all day ride in wet warm snow?

Thanks

I wear the Corozal and I wear it from 0-50' temps in the winter no problem. Feet are dry even in spring riding.

R
Apr 18, 2016
Tahoe snow here from 0 to 60 no wet feet yet, and I found a pretty good underground river last week and spent some time with the boots fully submerged in water (not over the top obviously, but close) feet were dry.

R
Apr 18, 2016
Tahoe snow here from 0 to 60 no wet feet yet, and I found a pretty good underground river last week and spent some time with the boots fully submerged in water (not over the top obviously, but close) feet were dry. I'm in the toucans and they have held up pretty well kicking a cr 500 but I did blast off the upper buckle but A* is covering it.

G
Nov 15, 2015
Fargo
Gonna suggest putting a larger end on your kicker too, it really helps. My kicker is huge 2.25" around and 3" longer than stock on my cr500. Really saves boots and your foot in general

roo

Premium Member
May 12, 2008
sedro woolley WA
Came accross these when searching for good walking casts.....
https://limboproducts.com/product/ou...DDQaAiSQ8P8HAQ
Going to try this next year, a☆ tech 8s with removable bootie, put this gortex'ish liner over top of bootie. Might work good?
Good merino wool sock, a☆bootie, waterproof breathable liner and then boot. I think getting the waterproof breathable layer away from your foot might help.
These suckers are made to go over casts so they should be plenty big. There are a couple other companies that make simular liners.

This way i get to wear the boots i know will keep my feet safe!

outcast-foot-2_0.jpg

snowrydr

Premium Member
Jan 31, 2012
East side of Sierras
I wear rugged mountaineering boots designed for ice climbing because they are insulated and very rugged. I felt most of the boots available would not truly protect the foot.

Premium Features