• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1000 Trip Po

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
I remember there were a few people whoe thought Po was going to come out with a trip 1000 mountain sled. Has anyone heard about this recently or was it just a bunch of hot air?

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
It’s not going to happen.

5 Reasons why
1. To many people like 2 cylinders over 3 and with the weight crises in full swing, its just not practical
2. If it would have came out 10 years ago, I could have seen it back in the days of go strait up the hill and if you have to turn… don’t
3. The Polaris 800 keeps up or beats any and all other stock sleds ever manufactured. (And even if the XP is lighter, it won't make it to the hill anyways, unless you carry 3-4 belts...)
4. It would be too cool for polaris or any other company to build/to fast especially with the mods.
5. If they ever came out with a triple again they would start out with a 600 and 700 that is faster then cat and doo 800's before they did a 1000. To say the least, i hope they don't. If sleds continue to get faster, lighter, and stronger, they are going to be so fast that the average person would never use a fraction of the performance, and they would simply cost to much, in fact i think they already do.

Last edited:

irondave86

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
N.W. Washington
The xcr 1000 was a hoax, Which is to bad because polaris XCR 800 triple was and still is the best motor polaris ever made imo, The 800 twin is a good motor, but it nothing compared to a 99-01 800 triple. Really the only thing the 800 twin was good for was makeing a 1200 VES triple! I think there is still a huge demand for triples, at least for anybody who likes to go fast! "Three in a row makes it go!"

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
ok well those are some good thoughts I know I would pay a bit more for a trip 1000 I just like tripples and I think that if you ride hard you can do about anything a twin can

Premium Features