• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 M1000 Issues

D

doornenbal

Dec 3, 2007
This is the first Cat I have ever owned, I have an 2008 M1000 162 so far have been impressed with the pulling power of this sled WOW. But have had some issues.

When warm it idles Really High 3200 ish phone my dealer he told me to adjust my idle when fully warm but this just makes it hard to start. Some other people have had the same problem I think any solutions yet???????

As well with the machine being a mountain sled should love the powder. Took it out last night in 2ft of fresh snow at about 2000ft elevation and the bog was unreal I think there was to much snow coming in the front and steam off the pipe may have been the issue but i thought air was sucked from outside by the windshield???

Either way two things i would like to get fixed very soon any info from anyone would be great.

R
Dec 2, 2001
Spokane WA
The bogging issue in the deep is well known on this sled. Stock intake sucks.
High idle is also a problem for some as you stated. How many miles?? Get it broke in, and the mixed gas out of it before you get too worried.

I

itsadrug

Might also see if the CPU has been flashed. Had mine done last spring and it made a big improvement with the bog.. The dealer also updated a few parts of the exhaust outlet that helped. There should be a sticker on the CPU if it has been done. 2 feet of fluff shouldn't bother that sled.

Premium Features