• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mountain addiction

Snow4life

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2012
Aberdeen, South Dakota
I'd like to put the kit I took off my XM on to my G4. Anyone know if they will be making a new track kit for the G4? Or if you can't drill holes due to the cooler?

C
Oct 28, 2010
I bought kit from them at the snow show in October and they told me that the same ones as the XM will work. Just have to use the outside holes.

I haven't tried to instal yet to see if it works

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
There is room to drill holes on the edge of the tunnels. Same area the linq mounts would go. Should work fine. Look under tunnel before drilling.
Edit. One problem I see is the wiring harness for tail light runs down middle. You would have to space the mounts up off tunnel. Not sure if MA would recommend that, being that the center of the brackets would be unsupported.

Last edited:

Snow4life

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2012
Aberdeen, South Dakota
Why bother. Linq setup is 1000 times better! I even put one on my 16 cat.

I agree I do like the linq system. I just don't like how big the linq system gas can is. Wish they would have smaller versions, I don't see a need for me to carry an extra 4 gallons. But nice to have 1 or 2 gallons. Just my preference.

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
I agree I do like the linq system. I just don't like how big the linq system gas can is. Wish they would have smaller versions, I don't see a need for me to carry an extra 4 gallons. But nice to have 1 or 2 gallons. Just my preference.

Doo offers a 2.5 gallon can still for the system. Or I believe it's 2.5. I know it's smaller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
Has anyone tried installing the tracks yet?

Yup...don't like how it fits using existing xm rails. Too close for my comfort to the exchanger to drill. MA says they bave a new longer rail coming sometime in Jan. Not sure I can wait that long...either will adapt a set of XM rails or go to Doo and buy a doo can

Premium Features