• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

tiny gauge on 850

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
the 850 looks awesome overall, but whats up with the tiny gauge that sits flat on the dash? this will be covered in snow all day it appears. and you certainly would not be able to see it if you sit. maybe just don't bother looking at it at all and just ride? seems like thats what the engineers had in mind

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
What options might those be?
because it does look kinda cheap compared to the old 1
So data logging?
data graphing?

ntm_08

Lifetime Membership
May 21, 2009
Nice to see that they improved the backlight from the prototype. Looks miles better now.

C

cheater35

Mar 10, 2011
Brainerd, MN
Has trip A and B. Without manual in front of me I can't tell you everything but I know it tells actual engine temp. Top speed, top rpm, if you clear trip B it automatically clears avg. economy. Etc. etc. I will post a pic of manual where it states all different options given. I know it does altitude.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I hate it also. But everything seems to be there, it just takes less buttons to work it. Whatever. The only time I really look at it is when I take pictures of it to prove miles when I sell it. :)

H
Dec 15, 2014
Umm. Mountain sleds don't really need a big guage for speed/rpm. Thumb down all the way. Never really have time to look at my speed anyway. What is really a nice feature is max rpm tracking.

Premium Features