• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m8 with rkt head & helix setup

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
i have an 07 m8 162 and im gonna install a head and clutch kit from rkt, i ride at 5000'. ive bought a red white spring for the secondary and 73 gr lite tip weights with the stock primary spring. the ? is, do i need heaver weights or any other tunning item to make this kit good. wats ur setups. ps im 150lbs

jacey

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
snowbyrd. i ride at 3000-6000' and i have the cutler secondary conversion kit on my 07 M8 snow pro with 73gm weights and it made me gain almost 300 rpm, 7950 from 7700 when i first tried it out. now i havent had any more time lately to mess with it. i have also messed with another guys clutch conversion kit from OVS it is more or less cloaser to the RKT kit. and in his situation he also has some excess rpm. now loosening the torsional pressure in the kit should bring the rpm down a bit however i am in the mids of throwing 75gm to my primary to see if my motor can pull it with this kit. i also have some SLP MTX adjustable weights on the way so i can load up the tip of the weight a bit to try and achieve a better final shift out. i would suggest adjustable weights for avid tuners they are usually about the cost of 2-3 sets of weights witch i think justifies the cost for the range of weight and tuneability. ill get back to you further once i get some mor play time. and if your putting a performance head on your going to gain rpm with the gain of power so you will have to throw more weight at the primary another good reason for the adjustable weights.

Last edited:
Premium Features