• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ever buy a service manual on disc?

B
Nov 26, 2007
OKotoks, Alberta
Just purchased a manual for my 2000 Phaser on ebay. Cost me $12 bucks and shipped in less than a week from the States up to Canada. Yamaha wanted $140 for it and so far I can not see any downfall to the disc. What I do see is a huge advantage as I can copy it as many times as I want and just print out the pages I need. Or I take the laptop out to the garage.

Just thought I'd put it out there. Cyclehippie.com was the store.

I've bought two for Doo's and one for a Yammie, each for under $5. I didn't realize they would be burned copies until I got the first one and saw that it came in a paper sleeve...I imagine there'd be some legal implications if the ebay sellers peddling these things ever got caught. But I support their cause!

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
I bought one for the hubby's and my '03 Cats a few years back. Same thing, burned disc, but also didn't know that at the time. :eek:

I did take and get a binder, with those clear plastic sheets to put paper in, then printed out everything relevant to both of our sleds. Nice to have it all in one spot and to be able to easily flip to the pages needed while in the shop. :)

J
Nov 27, 2007
I bought the cd for my 02 Arctic Cat at the dealer for around $30. I would have been happy to pay that much for my 06 as well, but Arctic Cat got greedy and jacked the price to $150!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I paid $9 on ebay instead. :)

T
Nov 29, 2007
Wuhan, WA
Have many manuals on disk as well, the only bummer is i hate printing them off all the time so i bring my computer out. Then i keep getting my laptop all dirty and greasy...

WYrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Gillette, WY
I bought one last year for my 900 rmk. I still like the paper manuals better but for the price of a new paper one the CD did just fine.

Premium Features