• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch Kit and Can?

kipperdavis

Premium Member
Apr 13, 2008
De Smet, SD
What clutch kits and cans are you guys going to run in your new Axys sleds? I got a buddy that ordered a new sled is wanting to do a clutch kit and can. Thanks

Clutch Kit and Can

We are going to have a clutch kit available once we get some snow and test it. Jack has a pretty good idea what he wants to run, and we will let you all know when it is done.

As far as cans go, we recommend the SLP pipe and can (and have them in stock at the moment if you want them for the new Axys), or just the silencer if you want to go that route.

There is no fuel controller needed to run them, which makes install very simple.

Daniel @ Carl's Cycle Sales

S
Jul 30, 2015
Calgary, AB
Anyone know the correct clutching using the MDS weights? I have a new set from the 2013 that I plan to use but haven't seen any combination. Guessing since this is a new platform this will be trial and error for a bit.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Carl's Clutching when Jack has it dialed in and a Diamond S Titanium Quiet Muffler. Sub 400 lb. dry weight on 163 by 2.6. I am interested in the SLP pipe but not in jeopardizing my warranty. It should have plenty of power for my skill level.

R
Dec 27, 2011
Straightline Performance. I have been running one on my 13 for 2 yrs now. Here is a picture of their carbon fiber can for the Pro RMK Non-axys and a picture of their whole system for the non-axys which I had on my 2013 Pro RMK. Their axys carbon fiber can will be done soon along with their full exhaust system, but here is their Axys ceramic can.

I will be adding one to my 16 again. Sounds awesome.

http://www.straightlineperformance.com

Pro RMK Carbon Fiber.jpg Pro RMK full Exhaust.jpg AXYS Muffler Ceramic.jpg

D
Oct 13, 2008
We are going to have a clutch kit available once we get some snow and test it. Jack has a pretty good idea what he wants to run, and we will let you all know when it is done.

As far as cans go, we recommend the SLP pipe and can (and have them in stock at the moment if you want them for the new Axys), or just the silencer if you want to go that route.

There is no fuel controller needed to run them, which makes install very simple.

Daniel @ Carl's Cycle Sales

Are you designing a kit to go with the slp pipe and can? I talked to slp and they said they had their mtx kit ready to go with pipe and can. Do you also sell their clutch kit?

Last edited:

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
axys

We have our Light Mufflers on sale right now.

So is our PIPE mod if you are a Snowest member, that was tested at dynotech too.

We have our PRO-COOL Mountain Series billet heads in stock. $379

We have a stainless steel and polished pipe and a TITANIUM PIPE in production right now. Pipe makes 8-10 when tested at dynotech. $399 for stainless and $649 for Titanium.

Same with our new PRO-LITE mufflers. Stainless steel canister muffler only weigh 6.5 lbs, and the new TITANIUM version only weighs 3.5 lbs!!
$199 for Stainless and $399 for titanium.

Durability/power up Piston kits for all years 2008-2016 including AXYS
Only $349.95

We make the helixes for the Team style clutches right here now. We can make any angle you want. Just waiting for some more blanks to get built, should only be a couple weeks.

Our PRO-MAG weights are adjustable with magnets from 52-68, 64-80, and 78-90 grams.

I have three different driven clutch springs, 145-225, 145-245, and 165-265.
Primary springs 140-310 and 120-310.

We are launching our new website tonight. But I need to get the clutch kits listed still. I will get them up by Tuesday night.

The 2016 RMK clutch kits wont be done until it snows of course.

www.bd-xtreme.com and www.speedshopinc.com

ssibilletheadpolaxys.jpg ssipolck.jpg ssipoldk.JPG

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I believe your Pro clutching is not going to work well on the AXYS. Track and driver changes along with final gearing changes the torque feedback to the secondary.
The other major change, I'm told, is a sheave angle change on the primary. This change will require a lower initial primary spring rate or engagement will be excessive. The sheave angle change will give better belt contact and less heat. Hopefully they cut a continuous 13.5* to 13.7* sheave angle.

Premium Features