• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tether

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Any info on a Plug N Play tether for the 16 Pro?

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I am not sure what tether that you are referring to. Is it a Polaris product? I believe that "Plug and Play" is their trademark. Anyway, if it is the type that actuates electronically, I would be wary. I rode a Ski Doo at Island Park earlier this year that had this system and it did not work correctly. The sled would quit at inopportune times including one time when I went over the bars. We disconnected it and everything was fine. It wasn't just the sled that I was on either. Another one that my friend was riding had the same problem.

m7extreme

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Pro armor

Pro armor made a awesome one for the pro rmks. They where plug and play and worked way better with the snow and ice than the poo one. I hope they make one. I have tried calling them a few times to ask them, but don't get an answer

S
Nov 15, 2008
Northern ,wi
I can't see them changing the oem teather if that's what u ordered with the factory connectors. That's what I use and it's the same one from my 99 xcf and been on all 6 in between

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
Funny, I've installed two Pro-Armor tethers. One on my sled and one on a buddy's. Both of them are useless. The vast majority of the time the do not kill the motor when the pulled. We have both tired multiple things to make them work correctly, without success. Others love them, the new sled will have a stock tether.

PV

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
FWIW, the Poo OEM tether can easily be installed to work without issues on a pro. It's cheap and effective.

Its biggest recurring issue is the fat backing washer creating slack between the cap and actuator. If it's an issue, a thinner washer or a small round head screw in the cap solves the issue. Pretty hard to them to freeze up and not work. If it sticks closed (or the cap won't open the circuit), it can be easily unplugged for the ride out. Nothing is perfect, but it's better than nothing and the lowest cost and most simple solution to start. All mountain sleds should be sold with a tether. Put one on and use it, regardless of what you choose. For the money and easy install, hard to beat the OEM.

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
Funny, I've installed two Pro-Armor tethers. One on my sled and one on a buddy's. Both of them are useless. The vast majority of the time the do not kill the motor when the pulled. We have both tired multiple things to make them work correctly, without success. Others love them, the new sled will have a stock tether.

PV

Mine is the same way, it's really slow to close the switch so
Takes at least a second to kill the engine when pulled. When it was new, it wouldn't even kill the sled sometimes. After about 5 emails to the vendor and pro armor with them claiming they couldn't help with an "install issue", and no one taking responsibility for replacement, I gave up and will probably put sonething else on next year.

Not impressed with pro armor at all.

m7extreme

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
That is weird.

Iv had bad luck with the oem tether. Kept getting ice in the cap and it wouldn't work. And other various problems. I had a pro armor on my last 2 sleds and had great luck with them. I like how the clip in system works

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I am not sure what tether that you are referring to. Is it a Polaris product? I believe that "Plug and Play" is their trademark. Anyway, if it is the type that actuates electronically, I would be wary. I rode a Ski Doo at Island Park earlier this year that had this system and it did not work correctly. The sled would quit at inopportune times including one time when I went over the bars. We disconnected it and everything was fine. It wasn't just the sled that I was on either. Another one that my friend was riding had the same problem.

RMK935VA, sorry to hear that you had issues as I am sure you are referring to our Phantom Teth-Air's on the Ride Rasmussen Doo's? Anyway, yes they had some antenna and programming issues on the early prototypes and Bret's guys were not trained to deal with them. I went down to Island Park twice last season to understand their issues and correct the problems. We did address all their concerns and are starting a new build with improvements based on their experiences.

And to add to the content of this thread, we assume Polaris will continue with the corded tether as a dealer installed option. For the Phantom Teth-Air we are also working on wiring harnesses that are custom for each sled brand so they too will be plug and play, where connectors allow.

Premium Features