• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Brundage Travel Plan Meeting 11-28-07

dpfost

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I do not know much detail but have had several calls tonight to attend a meeting at the Adams County Court house on 11-28-07 at 6:30 pm. This is located in Council. Congressman Bill Sali will be there. This is in regards to the area around Brundage Resevoir and Goose Lake. They are wanting to take this area for Cat Skiing. Anyone who can attend is stronly encouraged to do so. The more numbers, the better. Again, I do not know much detail, but thought I would post this to get it out as I have not seen much on it. If anyone has more information, please let us know.

Sled Idaho

Lifetime Membership
Feb 14, 2002
McCall, Idaho
www.snowmobile-alliance.org
Email from ISSA

Thanks for posting the information dpfost. This is straight from the email I got from ISSA. Congressman Sali asked for this meeting.

Congressman Bill Sali has a great interest in the Payette Travel Plan. He
wants to know more about it, how it impacts communities and user groups
both summer and winter. As a result, the Adams County Commissioners are
holding another town meeting. This one will be on November 28th at 6:30
p.m. at the Adams County Court House in Council.

When a Congressman wants to help we need to give him all the information we
can to help him. We also need to make it clear that this is an important
issue. The way we do that is by showing up at the meeting. Please if at
all possible, be at the meeting.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Wanted to go, but Thanksgiving trip to see the family. Flights didn't go so smooth. Let just say, my baggage finally got here. (I hate United Airlines).

There's another meeting December 14th with Suzanne Rainville (Payette Forest Supervisor) about the winter travel plan. 6:00PM at the Warming Hut at "No Biz Saddle Trailhead." We need to show up strong for that one. It's only about snowmobiling, and will be attended by snowmobilers.

Stupid question, is the warming hut at No Biz Saddle Trailhead, just north of Tamerack? Where the big turn around parking is? I want to map it for everyone.

S
Nov 27, 2007
Boy-see
Went to the meeting last night.

Attendance: OVERFLOWING!!! They couldnt fit everyone in the courthouse that wanted to attend.

The commissioners gave summaries of the situation and all are overwhelingly opposed to all options.

Sandra Mitchell gave an excellent talk....she needs to run for office. The energy in the room when she finished her spiel was amazing. We all owe her A LOT for her efforts. Truly a remarkable woman.

I would estimate 20-25 "Joe Public's" gave comments. ONE (1)....you read that right.....ONE person was in favor of the current travel plan. And this guy blamed decreasing elk herds on ATV use......the next speaker (a biologist for over 30 years) was sharp enough to point out that the decline in elk due to the phu(king WOLVES....

Sali left there with a VERY clear picture of how the public in Adams County feels.

One thing I'm not clear on: What exactly can Sali do? What actions can he take in our favor? Can somebody help me out? I get lost in the bureaucracy.....

Last edited:
J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Awesome...thanks to those who could attend.

I'm going to write Sali a letter, as many of us should, again voicing my opinion against this. Fuggin BS forest service has forgot what the national forests were created for...the people. I hope we don't get screwed on this one. And, guess what, I'll put a fuggin sidehill streak across every nice slope I find in the cat skiing area...they take the land anyway, I'll envoke some old school justice. Since when does a business interest get a bunch of land designated against sled, but OK with a cat. Wonder what the emissions are for those for a day. Getting burnt out on playing by the rules and getting screwed.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Slick, first off, he's in the "Committee On Natural Resources".

This office is responsible for many things including:
* Public lands generally, including entry, easements, and grazing thereon.
* Fisheries and wildlife, including research, restoration, refuges, and conservation.
* Forest reserves and national parks created from the public domain.
also water rights, mineral, and Native relations.

He could probably cause someone's life within the Forest Service to be difficult. And, if he's working the House, Craig is working the Senate. Helps to have someone from each house on your side. It only takes one Senator to stop a bill. The House is a little more cut throat.

So, who was the travel plan siding idiot, and what county was his license plate registered in? Or, should I say state?

Premium Features