• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need some ideas for upgrades - 07 600 RMK

C
I have a stock 07 600 rmk and was reading alot of posts on good ideas to do with my sled. but i know most on here ride in the high altitudes and need different adjustments. here in newfound land i ride at 0-3000 feet and was wondering what would be some good modifiactions to do with my sled. i bought a hps can for it and love the sound and way it works. but i was wondering how to make my sled better. i read that changing the gearing might help and stuff. basically just looking for and good ideas you guys might have. any help would be apprecited. thank you all so much. the nformation on here is awesome.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Depends.
Need more info
What are you going to do with the sled?
Deep powder, trail, lake race, ditch bang...........
how much experience ya got?
How old are ya? (don't want to tell ya to put nos on it if your 14)
How much ya looking to spend??
How wild ya wanna get?

Me.....................
carls 660/685 kit (including v-force 3, pipe and can)
Holtz spindles.
Gearing depends on track length and what you want to do with it. Usually I drop the top gear one tooth.
That right there would pretty much use up 3500-4k.

C
im into deep powder, some climbing and trail riding. i am 27 years old been riding most of my life. im looking to spend 500 or 1000 bucks. guess i am not looking to get too crazy yet. just some minor stuff to improve my sled. so what size gears would you go with on my setup for 0-3000 feet.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Gearing that I don't know. I ride 8k+. I have never even ridden below 6k.:)
For under a grand, I would do the Holtz front spindles. 300 dollars. Really improve the handling.

I put the holtz footwell vents on my 08 700 to direct the air flow better. You can also do the holtz shock tower vents. That combination will run you around 150.

Slp intake (replace the little foam inserts). You can also put a couple 2" intakes to increase air flow intake and do the air horn. That setup will run you around another 100-120.

If want better snow evacuation from your running boards (no ice build up) get a set of Better Boards from F-bomb. He has links to his web site. Just do a search for better boards. That will cost you between 150-200 (depending on if you want them powder coated or not). Those will be going on my sled next.

Last edited:
B
Nov 21, 2005
9 Mile Falls, WA
the SLP pipe fits nicely into your budget and really wakes up the 600, if you get one for a stock silencer you can still use your hps can. gut your airbox and put some intake vents in it. Let that 600 breathe and you will be impressed!

Premium Features