• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Viper Sloppy steering

V
Mar 7, 2012
So has any done any thing to try and fix the sloppy steering on the 2015 viper. Mine has had alot of movement since day 1It is driveing me crazy I was just wondering if any thing has came up with a fix for the problem or any thoughts

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Is that the bushing at the top of the "tripod", above the u-joint? I noticed mine had some play on my last ride. Not quite 100 miles and it feels loose. Really not impressed with the stock bushing.

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
I put the oft bushings in mine from day one and after a couple trips it's sloppy again like the stock plastic bushings..I think bushings ID was abit oversized to begin with

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
the bracket at the bottom of the steering post is very weak and flexes ALOT, and this allows the bars to turn but not the skis. i'm surprised this issue has not be addressed by the aftermarket.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
I put the oft bushings in mine from day one and after a couple trips it's sloppy again like the stock plastic bushings..I think bushings ID was abit oversized to begin with

I can't see the bushing material wearing in a couple trips, are you sure the bushing itself hasn't loosened from the frame some? Assuming your talking the lower one....

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
I can't see the bushing material wearing in a couple trips, are you sure the bushing itself hasn't loosened from the frame some? Assuming your talking the lower one....

Lower one is tight, its the upper one tons of clearance on inner diameter.. Ive ran these oft bushings on my nytro and apex never had an issue

Premium Features