• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow scoot exhaust parts

F
Oct 8, 2010
Wasilla AK
I am looking for some mufflers for two fo my snow scoots. Does anyone know where to find some or if anyone makes an aftermarket pipe and can? Scoot parts are hard to find, does anyone have a vendor that stocks parts more than Yamaha dealers?

C
Nov 29, 2008
there's an ebay shop that seems to have lots of parts ... you could also use any similar size muffler and just wield the proper mounting tabs to it.

T
Nov 29, 2007
Buckley, WA
Was wondering the same thing about finding parts, as i am picking up a sno-sport tomorrow morning. Sno-scoot.com is what i found. Seems that they have most of the parts you would need as there really isn't much to these things? Did'nt see any exhaust though...

Arcticmann

Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2011
AK
I haven't had my sons Sport for long but have found that I can look parts up on Yamaha's website to see if they are still available and then take the part number in to order the right parts. I also figured out an aftermarket belt (Gates PL30807) for $37 from Amazon that should fit the Sports so you don't have to buy the $110 Yamaha one. The Yam part number is also used on a Riva 125 scooter, so I found an aftermarket belt for it. I did recently ordered new exhaust seals for the Sport and had them within a week.

Not to derail but when I bought the Sport I got a bunch of Scoot parts in the deal, no exhausts but some other stuff they don't make anymore. PM me if you want any more info since they won't work with the Sport.

Sumac Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2009
Central Wisconsin
Muffler????

I am looking for some mufflers for two fo my snow scoots. Does anyone know where to find some or if anyone makes an aftermarket pipe and can? Scoot parts are hard to find, does anyone have a vendor that stocks parts more than Yamaha dealers?

I have 3 or 4 that I would almost give you but I would need something to ship them to you, we have put aftermarket silincers on 4 of the last 5 we long tracked. The last one we took factory muffler apart & gave it a little mod job. PM me if you want.....

K
Feb 25, 2009
sno scoot mod

I have 3 or 4 that I would almost give you but I would need something to ship them to you, we have put aftermarket silincers on 4 of the last 5 we long tracked. The last one we took factory muffler apart & gave it a little mod job. PM me if you want.....

Hi, Im new to this thread I was looking for some info being as i see you have a few of these. I was wondering how far back on the 121 rails you mount the stock scoot suspension. Thank you

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
These all vary when you build them since everyone makes their mounts differently and use any number of rails/skids.

I made the mounts under the stock swing arm, then clamped them to the rails so they were adjustable as I got the track tension where I wanted it. I left the rear idler in the middle of the adjusting notch then used some small bar clamps to pull the skid back until the track was where I wanted it. Once done, then drill the bracket holes to the rail and bolt up.

C
Nov 29, 2008
x2
depends on what rails you use as well as if you make any adjustments to the front springs or other stock geometry ...

For mine I blocked up the sled with skid flat, bolted on a flat plate on the drop bracket that extended to the bottom of the rail, pulled the skid back till track was close to tight with rear axel loose as it could go to allow for adjustment, marked where the plate "fit" clamped it in place and then tightened the track to verify setup. Once everything was good, I trimmed the plate to suit and bolted cross axel mount in place through rails and wielded the drop bracket in place.

No formula as everyone seems to be using whatever is laying about and getting it together by seat of the pants / eyeballing ... if it looks right then in most cases it is!

Premium Features