• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Quick Clickers on XM - Yes or No?

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
I put quick clickers on my XM, but haven't had any snow to try them out yet.:( I recently heard that quick clickers won't work on XM's because they rub when carving to the left. Anybody with some actual miles on their XM used quick clickers? Any rubbing issues? Thanks

S

SilverGriz

Oct 22, 2004
Hayden, ID
Mine is dialed in using clicker 4. The RPM's hit spot on between 4000-6000 feet of elevation. No need for clickers in my opinion. I don't feel like I will need to touch them again.

B

bailer

Nov 26, 2007
Saskatoon
I had quickclickers on my '08 and really liked them.

I notice that my '13 clickers come from the factory with a different bolt-head style that makes it so the nut doesn't need to be backed off as far. This seems much more user friendly and makes me consider not installing quick clickers this time.

There was a thread on one of these forums a year or more ago (can't find it) in which the OP was reporting the quick clickers changing adjustment on their own?!? I can now see how this could perhaps happen with the very shallow bolt head.

So.....a non issue?, or have people had this problem???!?!

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
on my 11 i had that issue, the clicker adjusting itself.

I think it had to do with the spring pressure. I put them on my 13, and when i installed them i made sure to adjust them so it had more spring tension to begin with. I have not had any issues with them in 300 miles so far.

I had quickclickers on my '08 and really liked them.

I notice that my '13 clickers come from the factory with a different bolt-head style that makes it so the nut doesn't need to be backed off as far. This seems much more user friendly and makes me consider not installing quick clickers this time.

There was a thread on one of these forums a year or more ago (can't find it) in which the OP was reporting the quick clickers changing adjustment on their own?!? I can now see how this could perhaps happen with the very shallow bolt head.

So.....a non issue?, or have people had this problem???!?!

B

bailer

Nov 26, 2007
Saskatoon
on my 11 i had that issue, the clicker adjusting itself.

I think it had to do with the spring pressure. I put them on my 13, and when i installed them i made sure to adjust them so it had more spring tension to begin with. I have not had any issues with them in 300 miles so far.

Ok that makes sense, good point. I didn't think about the fact you can spin them on a little further before locking them in place due to the shallow bolt head design

Premium Features