• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2001 Ski doo 700 mod sled 159 build

X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
Dude, save yourself some work and just look for a fairly low mileage (they're out there) 02, 03, or 04 Polaris 700 RMK. They'll kill that XLT thing you built and you won't have to do anything besides maybe changing to a better track if you want to. 9500 KMs, really??

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
Thanks for the input rider much appreciated. I ran the sled all winter and loved it, yes low on power but a good rider is worth an extra 20 hp any day:)

I'm actually building the mod 700 doo this summer, I'm shooting a full mod build series for youtube with each process broken down into segments so people can see how to build their own mod sled. The price was right on this sled so I had to go for it.

The 700 will give me more power and still be reliable, and I am also piecing together a watercraft motor for another build - 230 hp should do the trick.

The xlt with 9500 kms ran perfectly all winter and I probably put another 1000 on it.

Thanks for watching my vids!

Last edited:
H

HPJUNKIE

Nov 5, 2003
You can learn a little with each build you go through. Those who are attempting to "bash" you for doing an older mod build should perhaps add themselves to your sponsors if they want you do build something different! Best of luck!

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
Thanks Junkie, we've had lots of support for this build, I like when big name company's help the little guy - they get my support in return. We all start out small.

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
I say keep doing what you're doing if it makes you happy. I personally like older mod sleds a lot more than newer ones. Boosted yamis, m-sleds, pros, and xp's are all great at what they do, but they have no character. They're almost like an appliance. They make things too easy sometimes.

I've watched and enjoyed every one of your xlt videos and the 540 sled ones too. I watch most of the rest of the vids that people put up, but in the end I always find myself thinking "meh....another pro going through the trees....next"

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
Skinz seat being made - slight mods will have to be made - can't wait to get it!

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
Ok, lots of updates for this build, on hold because Todd Lewis of ETPerformance in Yorkville IL. won't give me my parts /money back. Anyway here are some more cool parts going into this sled.

159 tracksusa track
Digatron USA 4 window display
fox float air shocks
ezryde susp (not sponsored)
skinz seat
Powermadd throttle, extension, brake ext, riser and pivot, mountain bar
custom boards
BRTech hood
Alt Impact trailing arms, titanium radius rods and titanium bolts.
Oil Delete
Jaws Performance pipe and engine mods
Royal Purple oil
C3 Powersports belt drive to replace the chaincase
Nextech titanium sctachers, titanium clutch bolt, LED headlight
Team Tied Clutch
Rebuilt primary with quick clickers
custom extension
All clothing by Motorfist
Ultimax belts
Boyesen reeds and cages
Van Amburg Custom U cooler.

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
They are just getting their new line up ready, I'm sure prices and products will be listed soon.

Check out the Skinz seat that's going on my mod sled!

http://youtu.be/PBOcXwFCRXk

Last edited:
L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
I have 15 vids in post production now, 17 more to go, and look at what just arrived on my door step!

J

judger101

Sep 2, 2008
Washburn, ND
i have to say i love your videos. i really like what you are doing here, taking not top of the line sleds and modding them to the hilt. i hope you continue to do more builds, and i cant see how companies wouldnt keep sponsoring you, these videos are addicting and fun to watch.

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
Hey thanks for that and thanks for watching, I have a bunch of videos coming out soon, busy editing here. I'm thinking up my next build, maybe an edge or a IQR, not sure yet - but seeing what I can come up with!

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
Hi Guys, Instead of the usual picture thread showing a custom build I thought I'd do what I enjoy and I made a video series on the build, it's a little rough and most days were shot after a long night shift but we got through it:) I'll post more vids as I edit.

Episode #1 in the series, intro!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkx7GaRF_zU[/YT]

Episode #2 700 goes to the dyno!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgIBnidPBY4[/YT]

Episode# 3 Engine removal and cylinders come off.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dw_I8mc9P0[/YT]

More coming soon!

Last edited:
Premium Features