• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Upper Oil Pipe-M1100T

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Last night I may or may not have been working in the area of the muffler on my M1100t. Either way I ran into a issue. the oil pipe that runs into the top of the oil tank. . . Not sure if It is a breather or a return or what either way there is a short(3") pc of hose in between the tank barb and the aluminum pipe that it attaches to. It was pushed on the aluminum hose about twice as far as it should have been. On the Bung on the top of the tank it was just barely over the barb and the clamp was on the wrong side of the barb causing it to pull off easily. Either way easy fix but still makes me wonder what else I may find. . . . In my opinion this could cause a huge issue in a roll over. Oil spews out all over a red hot turbo and makes big fire. Best case scenario it spews out make a big mess and I am sitting with low oil level and no oil to put in.

Sorry for the poor pic.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I had that hose come off while riding. Makes for a big mess and lots of smoke as the oil burns off the exhaust.

Premium Features