• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1100 oil loss

D
Sep 8, 2011
Well I finally got to run the 1100 in the hills and had a blast great power nice to ride. On my last day here I rolled the sled over on a small hill and throttle got stuck and spewed oil out everywhere I'm hoping a tether will prevent that again but I thought I would share with everyone that that had happened to me

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Yeah thats always scary when they roll running always turn it off if you have an option!

I watched one go upside down and get stuck pinned till it blew a belt then a belt shard spun around and cut a solid strait line in the skid plate all the way through!

Tethers have there place but they can e problematic too

S
Feb 4, 2008
Seattle wa
its a normal four stroke

this always happens on the four strokes because theres always a breather so the blowby doesn't overpressurize the case. I was always trying to find a light simple solution on my yamaha. maybe a canister with an oil absorbent pad in line you have could check every couple rides. hopefully with more and more four strokes out there someone will make a kit.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Deyell

I'm the guy that came up with the roll-over valve kits for Yamahas. I have received a couple of e-mails from M1100 owners about roll over oil loss concerns.
The good news is that a friend has a M1100 that he is letting me have access to, so that I can test out a couple of ideas for the M1100 that I'm working on!

Bill
Four Stroke Solutions LLC

Last edited:
Premium Features