• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vertical Post accessory Question

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
For those who have seen them, does it appear that any mechanically inclined person could easily switch the layback post to the vertical post?

Just wondering what to tell my dealer before I go and pick it up?

If it is a mess to switch out (Meaning you need to take off 88 parts to get to the post), then I will have my dealer do it on set up......

If it is fairly quick and easy to do, I will do it myself and save a few bucks.......

Anyone know?

A
Mar 1, 2009
Alaska
I was told yesterday by the dealer rep here in Alaska that at this point it can't be done. AC is working on changing that but looks like MY13

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I was told yesterday by the dealer rep here in Alaska that at this point it can't be done. AC is working on changing that but looks like MY13

CAN'T seems like a silly word to use. I would guess that if cat doesn't come out with a vertical post option accessory for the 4 stroke the aftermarket will have one by the 1st of december. The problem I see with the way they currently have the vertical setup on the snopro and hcr 800 models is that the bracket that holds the bottom of the post cannot be that low on the 1100 because of the plenum. So someone will come up with a bearing block. Should be easy. May add a couple lbs but not a big deal.

Since there are guys that have ridden a test mule with the vertical bar it CAN be done and cat would be silly not to cash in on it, from all the reviews I have heard.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
CAN'T seems like a silly word to use. I would guess that if cat doesn't come out with a vertical post option accessory for the 4 stroke the aftermarket will have one by the 1st of december. The problem I see with the way they currently have the vertical setup on the snopro and hcr 800 models is that the bracket that holds the bottom of the post cannot be that low on the 1100 because of the plenum. So someone will come up with a bearing block. Should be easy. May add a couple lbs but not a big deal.

Since there are guys that have ridden a test mule with the vertical bar it CAN be done and cat would be silly not to cash in on it, from all the reviews I have heard.

Way to reason us thru that...I had started to panick.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
I give it 10 minutes

until DamDave Come in and tells us how he got to test ride the new chassis, and how the mule 1100t ALREADY HAD A VERTICAL POST and And how he just loves the 800, and how the 1100t had WOW power, and how he snowchecked a 800 ltd retro....

JUST TEASING DAVE!! You know it's only because I am STILL jealous!

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Who rode what:wave:

I hope I win the 1100T they are giving away, then I will have one of each:face-icon-small-hap

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007

Your rep is misinformed....

Premium Features