• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Assualt 155 or Pro-RMK

R
Oct 9, 2010
Does anyone have any input on the differance beteen the Assualt and Pro RMK. Obviously the shocks are different, as well as a few other minor changes. Has anyone ridden both that may have an opinion? I am 215 fully dressed, mainly boondocking technical tree riding is my riding preferance. I currently have a 2010 RMK 800 and love it. Thanks for the input in advance.

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
Haven't rode the Pro, but I would chose the PRO RMK for the narrower front end and better track.

My buddy had an 09 Assault and that track flat out sucks. Its a trenching SOB. I could see it working well for hillclimbing with studs, but beyond that, I think that track is a waste of time.

For boondocking, the narrower front end should be more flickable as well.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
It really comes down to the track and stiffer front end of the Assault. The Assault won't side hill as easily (not to say it won't) and will have a tendency to kick back up. The track is longer than last years but still the same compound. I imagine it will hook up quick, trench quicker and have less top speed than the 5.1.

The orange Assault is the best looking stock sled I've ever seen. I'm doing the Pro RMK and will likely change the track to Camo Extreme.

plumbpowder

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
Nampa, ID
I would go with the rmk for sure I rode it for a day and it side hilled like a dream best sled I have ever rode still waiting for my 163

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
How long your track now? If you ride were you need the extra length of track, then theirs your answer. The extra width on the ski stance and your size should not be an issue. Both sled will boondock with ease
The best news is that with either sled you are getting a great sled.

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
i''m the same weight as you, i had an 09 assault. i could roll it over and turn and side with it, but the ProRMK would be better, i rode a regular RMK dragon last year and it was more manouverable than the assault. the track adds the weight on the assault as well. i traded my trade out on the assault, so this year i'll just put that money in the ProRMK to upgrade the shocks to floats, lose weight and get better suspension seems smarter than spending it to trade off a track that sucks.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Has anybody thought about mounting the front suspension of the Assault in the same holes as the RMK? It sure changes the angle of approach.

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Does anyone have any input on the differance beteen the Assualt and Pro RMK. Obviously the shocks are different, as well as a few other minor changes. Has anyone ridden both that may have an opinion? I am 215 fully dressed, mainly boondocking technical tree riding is my riding preferance. I currently have a 2010 RMK 800 and love it. Thanks for the input in advance.

If you currently ride a 2010 RMK 800 and have no issues with suspension than do not do the Assault. It truely is designed for the FreeRide segment that needs more than a shorty! It should be an easy decision if you are not into huckin cliffs or big jumps with set up or hard snow conditions. Had a 2009 Assault and would do the Pro RMK if I was buying this year.

L
Feb 13, 2010
nl, canada
imo it depends on the type of snow you ride in. if you ride in snow like we have here which is mostly wet set up heavy snow and fewer steep high places to climb then i think the assault would be the better of the two.

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
Has anybody thought about mounting the front suspension of the Assault in the same holes as the RMK? It sure changes the angle of approach.

You talking about drilling out the upper hole and putting the suspension mount through that to raise angle of attack? Then yes, when the new CamoExtreme goes on that is gonna happen.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
You talking about drilling out the upper hole and putting the suspension mount through that to raise angle of attack? Then yes, when the new CamoExtreme goes on that is gonna happen.
Yes that's what I'm babbling about, I haven't heard of any feed back on doing that with the Assault track. I did it after the season was over. Keep in mind it sucks up some of that great clearance you've got.

Premium Features