• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

turbo exhaust ?

L

lookup

Nov 26, 2007
sheridan wy
the kit i bought this last fall was for a 1200xr had a seperate tube off the waste gate and now i see some two stroke builders using just one pipe bent too hit the both of them what would be the difference which one works better ?

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
the kit i bought this last fall was for a 1200xr had a seperate tube off the waste gate and now i see some two stroke builders using just one pipe bent too hit the both of them what would be the difference which one works better ?

The setup you have is the best way to go. Less back pressure for both. Dumping them both into the same down pipe is the Easier, More compact way to do it.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
indeed.. if you can get the dual tube for a ways then dump them together later down the line it should, in an indeal world make more power.. But taking a 3" tube and flaring it out a tiny bit to cover the whole thing is super easy and for the sake of arguement will make almost identical power.

L

lookup

Nov 26, 2007
sheridan wy
i will have a turbo on my xp this summer but i want a muffler if i could get it as quiet as a slp can i'd be happy the look on a few peps face would be great to when it stands up from the boost and fairly quiet but if you ask all stock :lie:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
figure a way to do a tunnel dump if you want it quite like that.. they are more cackly still, but the volume is much better. small muffler + tunnel dump would be pretty dang quite!!

L

lookup

Nov 26, 2007
sheridan wy
i guess the newest turbo builder for the xp has a exhaust that dumps out by the a arm Hmmm how to dump in the tunnel ?

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
We will have a muffler option that will dump in the shock tower, with the larger muffer we can fit with our turbo design the sled will not be much louder than stock.

L

lookup

Nov 26, 2007
sheridan wy
you wouldn't happen to have a pic of that exhaust you could send me and you also have a upgrade on turbos what would be the advantage of the 2871r ?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
the tunnel dump on josh's sled.. (jskattum606) sounds awsome.. its not to loud.. it definately barks just like a stocker with a loud arse can...but when getting onto it you can hear the weird turbo whine in the exhaust.. its a really neat distinct sound... and the WOT isnt so loud you will be deaf..

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Tunnel dump is loud but ive done some fine tunning to it and its getting quieter. The main thing is to get the pipe though the tunnel, into the track area about 1/8 inch. The turbo acts like a muffler in the exhaust stream so its not too bad. Lots of low end grumble. Thats a 900 for you

Premium Features