• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondockers d8 racegas turbo intercooler question

turbonium

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2009
Boondockers d8 pump gas turbo intercooler question

Just recieved the new mini intercooler for my 2009 bd pg turbo.

I am not sure what hose to attatch to the tube between the mini cooler and the turbo charger. There was nothing attatched on the tube i am taking off.

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
On your old one it was the hose that attached to a 90* fitting tapped into the compressor housing and then to the boost control. The newer kits tapped into the charge tube pipe with a cut away style pickup mounted into an insert in the tube. The word is that the boost levels are more stable with the newer charge tube location vs the older pickups in the compressor housing. I'll see if I can find a pic. Good luck. EW

edit: Connect the hose from this fitting to the new one in the charge tube and you'll be good to go. That is the intake screen and clamps you are looking at so it is the front or right side of the compresser as you are looking at it. EW

BoondockerIssues021.jpg

Last edited:
E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
On a pump kit, a vac line is run from the intercooler pipe to the wastegate diaphram.

I may be wrong VA, but my understanding is that the charge tube supply is actually boost pressure, not vaccum. I believe the supply goes from the charge tube to the in side of the boost controller in his case, or the EBC on newer models where it is regulated to the desired boost level then sent on the a T where it splits to the wastegate diaphram and the boost gauge to give accurate readings. Thats my take on it anyway. EW

W
Jan 14, 2009
If that vacuum hose is feeding a wastegate make sure you tiewrap it on there. Blow a line off of a fuel pressure regulator or a wastegate and it's bye bye engine.....

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
i blew the boost controller line off my wastegate and engine survived but it was only for a second i seen the boost launch and pulled it back in the shop

Premium Features