• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

97 MM 700 Setup***HELP***

signdude

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Ft Collins CO
www.myactionsigns.com
A freind of mine had a shop install a 151" x 2" track along with 8" drivers of course. The shop didn't provide any clutching or gearing with the new track setup.

Currently the machine is setup with the following:
21/40 gears. (stock)
43 degree helix (stock)
Clutch springs are both stock as far as I can tell, no marks colors etc.
primary weights are the 8CH (35.3 g) with steel and alum rivets installed. (steel inside 3.1 g, alum out .8 g) The drive clutch is the short version. The machine does have PSI triple pipes as the only mod.

The machine ran like a stock MM prior the new track and now has a seriously bad bog. I mean this thing will not get out of its own way. Before I start advising him to throw a bunch of parts into it I was hoping to get some ideas on where to start.

Has anyone installed a long track on thier MM and set it up to run well?

My freind is setting this up for other freinds to ride, primarily boondocking performace. I am certain he is not going to lay down cash for a roller secondary, comet drive clutch, other big mods, etc. He just wants to run decently for others to ride it.

Any help would be appreciatted!!:D

Last edited:
is this the first time the sled has ran this season? i find it kinda interesting that adding a longer track and dropping teeth on the drivers would create a bog, regardless of clutching. even without a driver change, the gearing has already been corrected. the clutch doesnt care if its pulling a 121 or a 162. just did a 03 viper mtn, went 144 to 151, and 01 mm 141 to 151 and changed nothing in the clutches. did do some gears. your bog sounds more carb related than clutch. hartmans # 208 468 1073. curious as to toms reply.

signdude

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Ft Collins CO
www.myactionsigns.com
I geared this machine down from 21/40 to 19/42. Tom Hartmans recommendation. The machine definitly now works. I am still having a few issues such as oil consumption and high rpms.

SnowDad has been a great help to get this thing working better as well!

Thanks

Premium Features