• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ez-ryde on IQR

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Ez-ryde on IQR 800 (complete)

I got my sled complete...for now

NEW primary 58 gram weights, white with red stripe spring

08 ez-ryde skid with fox zero pro shocks

Power Addiction aluminum carb boots

Bad Oscar Customs 800 VES, ported, taper bored carbs, decompression hole block off. I also cut my 2 coils off the VES springs (thanks brad, it really does run better)

Van-Amberg 151" tunnel extension

Mountainfit hood and vents

Camoplast Powdermax IV

Fox Evol X ski shocks

C&A Pro skis (soon to be polaris gripper skis)

7.5" articat wheels (soon to be 8" MMP)

The only things left to do is install my new gas tank and boss seat, get a new cooler (has some cooling issues), and finish the airbox.

We spent 2 days in Cooke and by the end of the day, I had it dialed in and working great. Every component worked great and I was VERY happy how it worked.

I had some issues with not enough ski lift and it was hard to sidehill. I think that once i get some better powder skis on it and lower the front end down, it will work much better. Also the transfer shock on the skid is set at 13" (for a turbo sled), so i need to find someone who can pull the spacer out and make it 13.5 (gives me a bit more ski lift).

I would like to thank

Spank- Bad Oscar customs
Brad - Power Addiction
Ez-Ryde
Jeremy Osler
Deny the pipe guy (does great work 406-209-0380)
The guys at Mountainfit Hoods
Cooke City Exxon
and Aj (thanks for helping me put this thing together and pulling my a** out)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

done 1.jpg sled done 2.jpg carb boots.jpg stuck.jpg stuck 3.jpg

Last edited:
N

Niedet

Jan 23, 2009
Looks nice :) How did you mount the Ezryde, did you follow Ezryde's template for the IQR or something else?

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
looks good! if you get an rmk front end on there it will ride so much better; mine was night and day.

have you thought about getting some feethookers for it? :)
foot20board20installed20LR.jpg

C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
No i wreck to much to have those things. They would slice me open and i never have a problem with my running bords, i just clean em off every once in a while.

When we mounted the skid the track was WAY to tight going with ez-rydes directions so we had to move it forward about an inch. It seams to work great. You can feal the suspension grabing hold of the snow and accelereateing you when usualy you would start to trench.

One thing i was impressed on is just how fast it launched with out standing the sled up. It realy makes it countrolible when climbing and boondocking. It also hooks up on sidehills like crazy.

I will not be switching to the RMK front end because i still jump my sled (softer landing with the ez-ryde than with the stock race suspension....and it is lighter :eek: ). I had a rmk and was not impressed at how week the a-arms were. Maybe if i get a good deal on some arsfx or holtz a-arms but definetly not going to stock polaris.

I didn't build the sled to get the highest on the hill, i built it to be the ultimate boondocking/long track jumping sled i could.... And i am geting closer.

Well im going riding now.....:p

O

OnTheEdge

Jan 10, 2009
Minot, ND
so your running a 151? how is it in the deep with that setup? Pretty much the same stup I'm thinking about building, Boondock/powder/jump sled.

C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Honestly? I think it climbs better than my old 900 did. But last weekend in cooke I was having some clutch, carb, and cooling issues so no hills got slain.. Although, I am flat out amazed at how it hooks up when it goes through rough stuff. The suspension is lighter, absorbs the bumps better and is softer on hard landings. The sled just became a whole lot more fun

I
Nov 28, 2007
What seat/tank combo are you gonna run?
Sucks Boss quit making the IQR seat, I'm thinking of going to Rev tank and Boss seat

C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Did cutting 2 coils out of the EV springs clean up the midrange or?

I noticed that the sled seemed alot more crisp and didn't seem to be as doggy when cruising around at 1/2-3/4 throttle. (thanks brad at power addiction)

What seat/tank combo are you gonna run?
Sucks Boss quit making the IQR seat, I'm thinking of going to Rev tank and Boss seat

It is a wicked racing fuel tank with a 05 boss polaris RMK seat. Soon the sled will have a 09 boss seat and 08 RMK tank on.

I also figured out my issues from before. I had an air pocket in my cooling system and a broken spring in my primary. So i swapped my TSS-04 clutch with a stock polaris clutch off a 03 800. It is a brand new clutch that has never been ran so it should be ok for now.

I am going to cooke city later today and riding till sunday afternoon so i will get some pics up if everything goes as planned. It is starting to look like an epic weekend, just hope we can keep everyone off the big hills.

Last edited:
Premium Features