• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

carb syncing

S
Nov 26, 2007
Breckenridge, CO
I am going to be replacing the throttle cable on a 670 and am not really familiar with syncing the carbs after I'm done. Does anyone care to give me a little advice or hints on how this might be done. Clear tubes on the primer line with liquid in them??? or just make sure the are opening up the same? I would love a little play by play instruction if anyone is willing, I'm sure there are others out there in the same boat. Thanks

W
Nov 27, 2007
After you install the new cable, stick your fingers in the carbs and feel the slides. The bottom of both of the slides should be flush with the top of the carb opening at full throttle. Do a visual verification with a mirror also. To set your idle screws turn them the same amount after the screw makes contact with the slide so your sled will idle the desired RPM. Then tweek em with your fingers and your eyes so they start to open the exact same time and you still have the desired RPM.

rat01

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
Once you get your cables adjusted so the carbs open at the same time and ensure they are fully open, set your idle to the desired speed. When you are fully warmed up and have your idle speed set you can use a drill bit, of the correct size, to make sure your carb slides are set at equal opening. Just find a drill bit that fits between the bottom of the slide and the carb body.

Premium Features