• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro Trail Tank Issues

N
Jan 11, 2008
Cherhill AB
I installed a trail tank last season and the fit was less than desirable. It rubs in so many spots I have been pulling it after every trip to ensure no damage is occuring that may cause a leak and possibly a burn down. Today I am performing my fall pre maintenance and found a few more issues with it, most disturbing is that the seam is seeping fuel. I am fed up with messing around with it, and now that it leaks is too much.
I am going to be making a call to them to tell them how I feel about their product I paid good money for.

Is anyone else having issues with theirs?:(

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
I also had an early release tank from last year, and had fitment issues...

Did you respond to the email they sent out about updates?

Instead of calling them with a chip on your shoulder, try calling them with a good attitude and explain your issues and give them a chance to make it right.

I've personally had nothing but a positive experience with them, and have no doubt they will take care of you....but you have to be willing to give them a chance.

my2c
modsledr

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
They have awesome customer service. Call Seth and politely explain your disatisfaction with the fitment and I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised. I had a first gen tank I bought used and called TT a year later and they gave me a screaming deal on one of the new ones.

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
I ahve a gen 2 one that don't fit worth a S*** i took it off so i could get the airframe hood and the plastics to fit right. This is my second tank that will be making a trip to the landfill as well as my $325

N
Jan 11, 2008
Cherhill AB
Thanks for the input guys, of course as in any business dealings ranting will get you no where and had no intention of that until they showed no interest in making things right. I am not worried about the final fit of the shrouds as I was going for fuel runtime vs show and shine, but concerned about wear spots and now the leak. I will let u all know what they have too offer, but wont be purchasing another unit to have more fit issues as reply above.

I had an issue with TT, first gen, where it expanded too much for any sort of fitment over the summer. I called them and told them about the issue I was having, and they worked a deal (highly favorable in my opinion) with me to receive another tank. This new one I installed in October and has WAY better fitment than the first one I had.

My experience is to give them a chase to make it right with you before the rant.

S

Swelly

Just give Seth a call, if he does not answer leave a polite message. He will call you back. He basically runs a one man show. I had issues with my first one, and he bent over backwards to make it right. He will not blow you off, if everyone had customer service in mind like he does, our economy would be rocking.

N
Jan 11, 2008
Cherhill AB
Sent Seth an email telling him about the issue. He called me back the next business day and proved that he is a great guy! He is helping me with no hassel and what I hoped for service. Guess I am just used to having to jump through hoops with so many other business's with unlike Trail Tank.

H

Heath@MPI

Dec 8, 2008
Like everyone has said the early ones were not the best the new ones fit awesome i went through 2 of them and am very satisfied. In my opinion its the only option out there. And there customer service is top notch..

Premium Features