• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 drive sysetm on 04 600,??

hi im new to snow hawks, ive got a 04 600 136 that has thrown its belt a few times now,so bad on the jackshaft that the belt has cut into my belly pan.ive seen the chain drive upgrades made by the varoius talented folks on this forum and i will be looking to preform that upgrade when erxta$$$ come my way.. in the mean time i have access to a brand new complete belt system off a 08 800.what im wondering is has anyone done this...will it effect my gearing in a negitive way. any insite would be greatly appreciated...

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Dissasemble what you have and reinstall it as the manual states, proper torque, and Locktite of the TLS system and taperlocks should solve your issues.

The 800 setup may be the same gearing if it is from a factory mountain 144-159" 28t/56t/1280mm belt, if not than it's too tall for mountain riding 30t/52 or56t/1360mm belt and fourth idler pully.

thanks for the imput, the belt on the tls cut my belly pan on my 1st ride.so at that time i disasmbled the whole set up and i did reinstall as per the manual. on my next ride the belt slipped off the drive sprocket.the drive sprocket on my 600 is a 28 tooth and my tls is a 56 tooth. im not shure what model of 800 the possible donor set up is but io think its an enduro,the tls is the same 56 tooth but the drive sproket is a 30 2 teeth bigger. will 2 teeth in the drive sprocket make much of a diffrence. most of my hawk riding will be done in power lines and foot hills type of terrain,when it comes to mountain riding i generally ride my 2 ski(sorry for the dirty word). so would the 2 tooth diffrence make my hawk un ridable or would i just ge a bit less bottom.mabey i should wait till i can get the upgrades??

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
You would need to do the math, but heres a general guide line
On a dirt bike typ setup (14 tooth fr and 48/51 rear).. one tooth in fr is like three in the back..or vise versa... Your working with more teeth up fr so it wont be that dramatic.. Theirry???

Premium Features