• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker EBC?????? - Dragon 800

D

dragonrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Redmond, OR
NO!

You shouldn't care when it shows up! Until you furnish the living room for your wife, you can't ride it anyway.:mad:

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
??

I called Boondocker on Monday and they said the ebc's were still being tested but that they would be finished by this weekend and they would ALL be shipped by the end of the 2nd week in December. Hopefully its going as planned or faster!! We finally have snow coming on Monday.

PGTDragon

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 17, 2009
Lakewood Co.
News from Boondocker today at 3:15pm mst was that they would ship this week, meaning tomorrow 12/4, but that is the same story I have been hearing for several weeks now. I hope they show up soon, but I really feel bad for the guys that have the new Turbo's with the EBC harness as they can not ride without the controller at all.:(

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
next week

Sweet, I guess we can expect them to arrive next week then:face-icon-small-hap

I was looking at the picture of the EBC online. I like the looks of it, but I am a little unsure where I am going to mount it.

Anybody made that decision yet???

J
Sweet, I guess we can expect them to arrive next week then:face-icon-small-hap

I was looking at the picture of the EBC online. I like the looks of it, but I am a little unsure where I am going to mount it.

Anybody made that decision yet???

they told me it is designed to mount under the bar clamp on top of the steering post. Can't wait to get mine installed and running finally:face-icon-small-hap:beer;

T

TREE MAGNET

Oct 28, 2008
ST. MARIES
Can anyone honestly tell me what they are expecting the ebc to do for them. Every time I talk to someone about this thing they have a different reason why it is so great.

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
there is defiantly conflicting info out there. Boondockers told me today that testing is complete and the engineer was going to show up either today or tomorrow and they where going to program the ebc this weekend and get them out next week. So according to boondocker they aren't done yet. But are extremely close. atleast that is what the salesguy told me.

tim

PGTDragon

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 17, 2009
Lakewood Co.
My belief is that the EBC keeps the boost pressure at a constant level, so as heat and or elevation is gained the boost is kept at a constant level rather than building, its for us lazy people who do not want to adjust the knob anymore. On my current turbo the boost has to be manually adjusted and when I check the readout for max boost I am often surprised at how high it got as heat built up or on long pulls.

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
detonation

I was under the impression that using the EBC you could set your boost at elevation to higher numbers and that on your way back down the ebc would reduce the boost to avoid detonation problems.
Anyone know if I am even in the ball park on that one???

I just talked with Pete at BD, he indicated as of this morning they are back out testing the EBC again and would not give a ship date, according to him nothing has gone out yet....looks like more waiting. This is getting old.

S

SafetyBob

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 13, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
Okay let me start by introducing myself, seems that there has been some concern about me being legit, I am Diann Young, Rocky Young's daughter.(owner) Yes i do work for BD.

Now for the EBC, we did ship on Friday. WE are in the process of programming, building and shipping, all of this is done at BD, or in house, We have received shipping info from the dealers, but due to dealer confidentiality, we can not release dealer shipping info to customers. So in other words if you ordered your kit through someone other than BD direct, you will need to contact your dealer, we will send all shipping info to the dealers when the product leaves BD. If you have anymore questions please let me know, thanks Diann.

J
Flooding

Saftybob, I have heard that the update mapping along with the BD box programing is creating a flooding problem at startup on warm motors. Any info or comments on this would be appeciated, and is there a fix comming.Thanks

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
Obviously there was something there that they didn't like and hopefully got things figured out. Hopefully everyone will have there sleds up and running before the safe(for the sled),good snow(fun for the rider) comes.:D
Hate to find out later that I have to send stuff back in for a flash when there is epic snow conditions.
Be cool to see some pics/vids of an ebc mounted and working. Can't figure out what looks to be a screen is for exactly.

S

SafetyBob

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 13, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
Valued Customer,
BoonDocker would like to sincerely apologize for all the confusion regarding the EBC. We started shipping Friday Dec 4th to get the EBC to our customers. However, due to an improvement that our engineers feel is extremely beneficial to our customers we have stopped shipping in order to implement this improvement. Please note that this is not a major function change and it is not a time consuming change. We will resume shipping this week. Also, if you have already received an EBC we will be contacting you to make arrangements to implement the changes to your existing EBC (at no cost to you). Again please except our apologies for all the confusion, delays, and especially any inconvenience that has been associated with the EBC. Your business is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

John Darfler
General Manager
BoonDocker Performance

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
This is extremely frustrating on the customers end and the dealers end. I am trying my best to keep in touch with BD and get product out there but it’s just WAY to slow this year. I have had kits on order for a long time and still have not got all my orders filled. I also have been told kits will be shipping then nothing ships even sent them shipping labels because I was told product was shipping to find out 2 days later nothing got sent out thus making me look like a total as$. So I am sorry to those who are waiting for there product I truly am.

I still feel they have some of the best product out there and have a great family based biz that treats there people very well but the customers still need to see there product in a timely manner and when you set a date at least stick close to that date. I still think they can come out on top of this but something needs to change very quick.

J
I feel sorry for you SNOW JW, and any other honest dealers if you are catching any missaimed heat over this mess created by BD. Hopefully BD makes it right with all of us, including the ones that ploped money down up to 6 months ago so this would't happen. Here's a couple of beers for anybody caught in the middle.:beer;:beer;

B
Jun 2, 2009
Boonedocker performance

I to am one who plunked down money for a kit on the early buy program. Pete at that time guaranteed that orders on this program would be ready to ship by sept 15 and all would be shipped complete by october. I don't appreciate being lied to and looking back should have asked for my money back at the first hint of a problem with delivery. Repeated apologies that are not sincere don't mean much. Boonedocker should have come clean 3 months ago and offered their customers a choice of waiting indefinitely or getting a full refund since they have failed to perform their obligations. Expecting dealers to take the heat for them only reinforces my opinion. Once the kit is complete I dread the thought of needing any kind of help to make it work since I have left 6 messages in the past 4 weeks with no response from anyone.

Premium Features