• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

clutching

G
Dec 2, 2009
I am considering a turbo for my 800 dragon. My concern is spending hours tuning the clutches in to get a good setting. Now with the amount of turbos now out there I suspect that there should be a lot of base settings out there.

What I am looking for is are there base settings for 0-3000 ft, 3000-6000ft, 6000 -9000ft that work well and there is a consistent setting with a lot of guys.

I know that there are those that want to fiddle and get every last drop out of the sled but I am looking for settings that will give me good performance (maybe not the best) with minimal adjustment.

In summary, a turboed sled simple to dial in or do you have to constantly play with it??

T

TREE MAGNET

Oct 28, 2008
ST. MARIES
I am considering a turbo for my 800 dragon. My concern is spending hours tuning the clutches in to get a good setting. Now with the amount of turbos now out there I suspect that there should be a lot of base settings out there.

What I am looking for is are there base settings for 0-3000 ft, 3000-6000ft, 6000 -9000ft that work well and there is a consistent setting with a lot of guys.

I know that there are those that want to fiddle and get every last drop out of the sled but I am looking for settings that will give me good performance (maybe not the best) with minimal adjustment.

In summary, a turboed sled simple to dial in or do you have to constantly play with it??

X2! Mountain Horse?

S
Oct 29, 2008
I have a 08 Turbo D8, my kit was installed this summer and I now have 175 miles this season (thank god for silverton). I bought the clutch kit that boondockers ofers and am fairly impressed so far. Engagement is virtually the same as stock, no real diference on the bottom. This is what is so cool about the turbo. it feels like a stocker until you turn it loose. On the top end of things I believe I am going to add 2-4 grams so I can run boost at 10.5lbs. I am running 8 lbs of boost and getting 8280 as max rpm ( elevation 11k) with the provided weights which I believe are 73 gram. Seems to upshift and backshift just fine. We are getting a blizzard right now as I type so I will do some more tinkering this week.

To sum it up though, A turbo sled is no harder to tune than a stocker if you understand the what and why of performence. Please do not fall victim of the village idiot who suggest a turbo and a nitrous sled are the same to tune. THEY ARE NOT!!!!! Very different beast. Spend a couple days pin pointing your set up and its just pull and ride after that. Hope it helps......I wouldnt change from the TURBO D8 for nothing

Premium Features