• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

installing new engine

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
last year my buddy blew the 700 in his 2002 gade. he found a 800 out of a 03 and we swapped the stator/pickups from the 700 and put them into the 800 so the connections were the same. now i need help hooking up all the hoses. i know the main oil line from the tank goes into the oil pump, the one side of the fuel pump goes to the carbs. now i know the small hose from the top of the oil tank goes to one of the small 90 degree nipples on the crankcase but which one? i believe that the other side of the fuel pump goes into the larger straight nipple on the crankcase, am i right? now that leaves 1 small 90 degree nipple and one large 90 degree nipple, what goes into them? i looked at the parts diagram and it shows that some of them are capped? if so which ones should be? i hope that all makes sense! thanks a lot. the nipples/caps are numbers 11 in the pict.convert.gif

R
Jun 14, 2008
Southern Idaho
Looking at it from the clutch side
1st 90 d is capped ( # 11 cap in picture )
2nd straight goes to fuel pump ( vaccum )
3rd upper 90 d goes to top hose on oil tank
4th by magneto side gets capped ( # 11 capped )
Hope this helps you out also you will need to change the mpem to a 800 one. If you need one let me know

V
Sep 22, 2008
Starting from the pto side looking at back of engine ,first 90 is a vent ,cap it,2 strait fitting is to fuel pump suckion ,3 small brass to oil pump,4 fitting on oil pump to oil tank ,5 small brass fitting from engine to oil pump, 6 oil pump to stator side case for bearings,set up this way on my 2001 summit 800 high mark .I use a digital camera on all projects ,memory fades with to many nitro fumes .

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
thanks a lot you guys. REDSLEDHEAD can the 700 MPEM just be re-programmed to fit the 800? we got the 800 MPEM from the 03 but the connections are all different so we figured we could just re-program the 700 MPEM. thanks a lot.

R
Jun 14, 2008
Southern Idaho
Really not sure if it can be reprogramed. I would think it could be.I was looking at doing the swap at one time and the dealer told me would have to have one for the 800. Talk to your dealer.

Premium Features