• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is anyone from Minnesota going out west this winter and needs AVALANCHE GEAR???

Borderstaff

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul MN
I have 4 packs, 4 metal shovels, 4 probes and 4 tracker DTS avalanche beacons to rent.

Just having this gear does NOT guarantee your safety - you need to know how to use it. I highly recommend an avalanche class. That being said - this is about $1800+ worth of equipment so it may be cost prohibitive for some to buy it and only use it three days a year.

2 setups are one year old the other 2 are two years old, but everything is in excellent condition. All beacons with come with batteries in them AND brand new batteries also as spares. 3 packs are HMK and one is a smaller BCA stash pack. All shovels are metal and either BCA brand, Voile or HMK and two have saws in the handles.

I will rent these out on a weekly basis as needed and you can rent one to four of them. If you rent all four I will include a SnoBunje Cobra (sled to sled) at no extra cost for the rental. Rental is $40 per week per setup (pack,shovel,probe,beacon) or $150 if you rent all 4 sets. I'll also rent out just the beacons for $25 per week.

I am in White Bear Lake Minnesota in the northeast corner of the metro area. If you are interested please email me at Wahlrus@comcast.net

Thanks for looking and safe sledding.

Borderstaff

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul MN
If anyone is giving this any thought the following dates are reserved already:
Feb 4-12 all gear
Jan 7-14 beacons only

and tentatively but not yet for sure:
Dec 17-21 all gear
Dec 25-Jan2 all gear
Jan 29-Feb 4 beacons only

So...Jan 15 to Jan 28 is open and anytime after Feb 13th.

If you are interested please respond soon to reserve the gear.
Thanks, and safe sledding!

Borderstaff

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul MN
The only dates left to use the gear are Jan. 15-Jan.25

All of the rest of the Dec-Feb is currently full except March. I am using some of the gear in March and haven't locked in a date on my own trip yet, but if you might be interested in using it in March please send me an email and I'll see if we can work something out.
Edit/Delete Message

Borderstaff

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul MN
If anyone still needs gear for a trip out west in March, the whole month is open to use the gear.

Thanks to those who have responded and safe sledding!

CANNONMAN

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Colorado/Wisconsin
www.thundermountainlodge.net
Just wondering, I know when I checked with my Ins. man earlier this year he would not let me rent beacons as the exposure was to great for his company. I see a need at the lodge to rent everything you have but without having Ins coverage it is a sticky situation. Do you know if you had any problems in this regard. Thanks, Mark

I have 4 packs, 4 metal shovels, 4 probes and 4 tracker DTS avalanche beacons to rent.

Just having this gear does NOT guarantee your safety - you need to know how to use it. I highly recommend an avalanche class. That being said - this is about $1800+ worth of equipment so it may be cost prohibitive for some to buy it and only use it three days a year.

2 setups are one year old the other 2 are two years old, but everything is in excellent condition. All beacons with come with batteries in them AND brand new batteries also as spares. 3 packs are HMK and one is a smaller BCA stash pack. All shovels are metal and either BCA brand, Voile or HMK and two have saws in the handles.

I will rent these out on a weekly basis as needed and you can rent one to four of them. If you rent all four I will include a SnoBunje Cobra (sled to sled) at no extra cost for the rental. Rental is $40 per week per setup (pack,shovel,probe,beacon) or $150 if you rent all 4 sets. I'll also rent out just the beacons for $25 per week.

I am in White Bear Lake Minnesota in the northeast corner of the metro area. If you are interested please email me at Wahlrus@comcast.net

Thanks for looking and safe sledding.

sledboy82

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2008
Fargo, ND
i'm going to the snowies march 5-11 do you have beacons available for that time. I need at least 2

Premium Features